Author Topic: funny  (Read 1856 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
funny
« on: January 31, 2012, »
someone might get a kick out of this...

i planned on transferring 8mm film to dvd, via capturing into the computer with a camcorder.

i had everything ready except the little mount that holds the camcorder and sits atop the tripod. I searched easily over 6hrs trying to find one (the tripod came with two)  now that i'm tired and ready to go to sleep, guess what?   i find both of them!!!   and one of them was on a shelf about 5 inches from my knee when i sit at the computer.

they're always in the most obvios places...
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: funny
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, »
Must be something about the mount things.  Two also came with my tripod and I have not seen either one for over a year.  I just looked 5 inches in all directions from both knees.  No luck.  I think they are lost.  The tripod is almost new.  Only used it a couple of times.  It is zipped in its little carry bag.  The mounts are not in the bag!

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, »

and ALWAYS in the very last place you look  ;D

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, »

and ALWAYS in the very last place you look  ;D

-Paul

OR in the place where you said "I've already looked in there, TWICE!" when your wife asks and just before she goes to check and finds it straight away :)

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline craig d

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, »
The GF always says " I put it some place safe".

Craig

Offline gforman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, »
I am always looking for that safe place. <;d
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
  Thomas Edison

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, »
Just a couple days ago my wife wanted to use the tripod, but we couldn't find the shoe -- looked all over (but I did manage to clean my office during the search :) )

She bought a new tripod -- with 2 shoes.  The original shoe showed up later that night, 1 foot from my desk. 

My wife misplaced the lens cap -- I searched the car (and cleaned it too).  I bought a new lens cap after a week of searching.  guess what?

At least the office and car are now cleaned up. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, »
Just a couple days ago my wife wanted to use the tripod, but we couldn't find the shoe -- looked all over (but I did manage to clean my office during the search :) )

She bought a new tripod -- with 2 shoes.  The original shoe showed up later that night, 1 foot from my desk. 

My wife misplaced the lens cap -- I searched the car (and cleaned it too).  I bought a new lens cap after a week of searching.  guess what?

At least the office and car are now cleaned up. :)

she just "misplaced" it so you would clean the car.   hehe

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, »
my plan now it to just leave the shoe on the camcorder    :D

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, »
I always either leave it on the camera or on the tripod. Never misplace just the shoe, now the tripod has gone missing a few times, but it is much bigger and easier to find.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

sjb

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, »
I too have misplaced the tripod a couple of times and then get the "If you would just organize your stuff and throw some of the garbage out you would be able to find it" speech.  ;)

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, »
i forgot to mention that when i found the first one, i went straight to me desk to put it on the camcorder so  wouldn't lose it again, and that's when i looked down and found the 2nd one! about 30seconds after finding the first one!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, »
Must be something about the mount things.  Two also came with my tripod and I have not seen either one for over a year.  I just looked 5 inches in all directions from both knees.  No luck.  I think they are lost.  The tripod is almost new.  Only used it a couple of times.  It is zipped in its little carry bag.  The mounts are not in the bag!

Ron

Did you look in your camera bag, especially in those side pockets where people keep things to be safe ..... from them.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, »

Did you look in your camera bag, especially in those side pockets where people keep things to be safe ..... from them.

Silly bag is also missing. Its becoming a missing epidemic. WHY isn't the government doing something about it.  <la..

{now back to my whole in the wall}

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, »
I've considered 'ping' tool that could be attached to items.  use a transmitter to send a wireless signal and my remote replies with a sound -- "I'm here!"  (i have a cute name for it -- that I won't share. :) )  but i figured that for all of the things I lose I probably wouldn't want to attach a receiver on all of them.

New idea is to paint everything i might lose with some form of radio isotope -- and use a geiger counter to track them down.  I'll address the dead-battery problem that way too!!

I'll just need the family and dogs to live in hazmat suits.  But I have a lead on a cheap source!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro