Author Topic: funny  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Re: funny
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, »
The way I find a missing item is to purchase another one. I have duplicates of a lot of stuff.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, »
To find a missing item, Outsmart it.

Pretend to be looking for something else and the first item will be confused and show up.

If you still are having problems finding the missing item and or it out smarted you then really look for something else instead of pretending.

part of the weird logic

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, »
I've considered 'ping' tool that could be attached to items.  use a transmitter to send a wireless signal and my remote replies with a sound -- "I'm here!"  (i have a cute name for it -- that I won't share. :) )  but i figured that for all of the things I lose I probably wouldn't want to attach a receiver on all of them.

New idea is to paint everything i might lose with some form of radio isotope -- and use a geiger counter to track them down.  I'll address the dead-battery problem that way too!!

I'll just need the family and dogs to live in hazmat suits.  But I have a lead on a cheap source!
i think smarter image makes a device like this, you have 4 tags to attach to things like car keys, each is a different color. then you press the button on the remote for that color, and it makes it beep. a friend of mine had one, but he lost the remote!

The way I find a missing item is to purchase another one. I have duplicates of a lot of stuff.

John
the tripod comes with 2 shoes, i so i thought it would have made it easier to find!
To find a missing item, Outsmart it.

Pretend to be looking for something else and the first item will be confused and show up.

If you still are having problems finding the missing item and or it out smarted you then really look for something else instead of pretending.

part of the weird logic

Rick R.

in my case, it was giving up and getting ready to go to bed, and poof there it was. i guess it was tired of playing the hiding game, and decided it wanted to come out so it could let me know, IT won.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rimist

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, »
I ran out of 3" exterior screws when building the manger this past Christmas. I went and bought more,picking out a brand that uses square drive this time. After building the manger,I went to put up the screws in a place I'd be sure to look.... And found another practically full box of the exact same square drive screws already there.
Needless to say,I moved both boxes. Just don't ask me where :(

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, »
Almost every time I clean out the garage or the basement it's like another Christmas.  I find tools and supplies that I didn't remember ever having.  I am about to do a major cleanout of the basement.  I cam't wait to see what shows up then.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, »
This is one of those unwritten laws.  When you cannot find something, just buy a replacement and the original will show up.  Happens in my workshop all the time.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, »

and ALWAYS in the very last place you look  ;D

-Paul
[/quote]

This saying always makes me laugh. It's only the last place because you find what you were looking for! That is unless you go and get the duplicate!  ;)