Author Topic: The 2012 Academy Schedule  (Read 1144 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
The 2012 Academy Schedule
« on: April 15, 2012, »
Here it is!

The schedule for the Academy.

We are very excited about what is coming together to be an awesome get together!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: The 2012 Academy Schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, »
Here some more info sent to me by the guys at LSH :

As you know, the 2012 Academy is coming up FAST- only 61 days away.  It’ll be here before we all know it!  Today we have three very exciting and important items to tell you about:
THE SCHEDULE IS HERE!
For the first time in 5 years we are releasing the educational schedule more than 30 days in advance.  Normally we are still finalizing instructors and details until a month before but because of the commitment of so many great instructors we are able to have this intricate puzzle completed… and we just couldn’t wait to show it to you!
A few schedule notes:
1.   Because we work from a volunteer pool of instructors there is a possibility that something may come up that would necessitate a change or class cancellation.  With so many blocks of classes happening at once, we are confident you can find another session that would interest you.  We have only had class cancelations 3 times since 2008 so the odds are on our side!
2.   Please respect the instructors and the effort they put in to preparing.  You may think there is a different, or even better, way to teach a topic and if that’s the case we certainly hope you put your hand up to help teach next year.  Be mindful of the volunteer nature of the event and enjoy yourself.  We can all learn from each other!
3.   Lastly, it’s a sad fact but… nothing will ever be perfect.  No doubt some of you may look at the schedule and think “Aww!  I really want to attend Class A but it’s at the same time as Class B.”  We sympathize with that and the best thing we can tell you is to notate those courses you will miss but are interested in and get with a Regional Development Committee member to schedule a local event on that topic.  In many cases you might be able to get the same instructor since there are so many (somewhat) local folks that are teaching.  We hope you all understand how difficult it is to create this schedule and accept that, while you may not see everything you want to see, you have the opportunity to get a tremendous amount out of what you do see.
a.   Side note: we are not streaming, videoing or recording sessions so please do not ask.  Some instructors may take some personal video but no classrooms will have video set ups in them.  Our focus has always been on the folks who can attend and we stand by that.  Hopefully everyone will be able to join us, if not this year than at another Academy in the future.

THE NEXT PRICE HIKE IS COMING!
As we move closer to the Academy we always experience some price hikes along the way as budgets become more and more clear and details become finalized.  The next price hike will come at 12:01AM on May 1st so make sure to get in before that.   We could tell you what the price hike will be but where would be the fun in that?

YOUR FINAL CHANCE TO ATTEND FOR FREE!
Just like our Early Bird registration giveaway, you now have the opportunity to attend the 2012 Academy for FREE!  Anyone registered prior to the May 1st price hike will be entered into a drawing to have their registration refunded.  The winner will be chosen by random number generator and EVERYONE is entered (except for Joel Ormand who won last time!) regardless of when you registered.  That means if you registered on September 1st or April 30th you could be attending for free.

BE SURE TO VISIT THE ACADEMY WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER TODAY.
GET READY FOR THE HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE OF THE YEAR - SEE YOU IN JUNE!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, »
Rj I need some info about a couple of classes as I have to choose between 2 classes that are at the same time.

My first question is about your advanced smartstrings class, what will be coverd? I had smartstrings last year but if something I don't know about is covered I don't want to miss it. But I would also like to learn about lasers so I need more info to make this tough choice.

My second is "The future of DLA", as I also would like to attend the light repair class to see the new led tool Dennis has. I need a clone :)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, »
There are descriptions of the classes coming in the next couple of days that will help and will cover all the classes as we get the info in from the teachers.

Watch for that at use it to choose.

I need a clone

Dont we all!!!   <fp.

RJ

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rj I need some info about a couple of classes as I have to choose between 2 classes that are at the same time.

My first question is about your advanced smartstrings class, what will be coverd? I had smartstrings last year but if something I don't know about is covered I don't want to miss it. But I would also like to learn about lasers so I need more info to make this tough choice.

My second is "The future of DLA", as I also would like to attend the light repair class to see the new led tool Dennis has. I need a clone :)

As RJ said, the class descriptions are going up, some as early as tonight so keep an eye out!  But to these specific classes Keith asked about...

Even if you have to miss out on the formal Laser class, all of the lasers from that class will be on hand for Saturday Nights "Off Night" presentations.  You'll get to see different lasers side-by-side, up close and personal, and ask some questions.  And Dennis Cherry and Ulta Lit will be attending as a vendor, presenting the LED Keeper for the first time, so you will have the chance to see him in the vendor room.  He'll be more than happy to show off the new gadget I assure you!

Seems like you lucked out my friend, and you didn't even need a clone!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, »
Thank you both. If you see anybody running down there that will be me going from class to class learning valuable stuff.

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, »
Thank you both. If you see anybody running down there that will be me going from class to class learning valuable stuff.

HA!  I don't think you'll be alone in running around!  I do plenty of that myself but for different reasons (I'm working!).

There's a lot to see and we know that is going to be the biggest issue for some folks.  We really did try, in putting the schedule together, to consider all aspects, skill levels, experience, etc so that hopefully there is always something you'll be interested in seeing.  Making a schedule like this, with 50+ classes, for 200 unique people, in 5 classrooms, over three days... it's all quite an intricate puzzle as I'm sure you can imagine!

Can't wait to see old friends and make some new ones in just FIFTY THREE DAYS!