Author Topic: Extention Cords At Lowes  (Read 2773 times)

Offline brandonj

Extention Cords At Lowes
« on: August 24, 2009, »
Looks like there are 6 foot White or Brown extension cords on sale for $0.97 each at Lowes.  I went and picked up all of the brown ones I could find at the closest ones to me.  I am going to cut off the male ends and use them in my Lynx Express's

I attached pics of the pile of loot:

Offline REM

Re: Extention Cords At Lowes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, »
Nice haul.  That's the regular price here at my Lowe's in Atlanta.   I used those cords for my SSR4's.  --Ron

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, »
Ya, that is the store price at all the HOme Depot's in Tampa

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, »
ive checked the prices on these here in indy and they are 88 cents at menards and walmart.  i still need about 24 more.  :)

Offline brandonj

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, »
Hmm. I was all excited when I saw the sale price - I was there two weeks ago and they were $1.97.  

Maybe they are always on sale, and I just missed the one week they weren't on sale (kinda like the whopper at burger king was on sale for $1 for like... 5 years)

-Brandon

Offline solidmodeler

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, »
I have been getting 6ft 16 Ga SPT2 3 outlet cords  at my local Walmart for 88 cents for a couple of months now. Usually they have only 20-30 but they seem to get more within a couple of weeks after I buy them out.
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, »
not sure if they still promote this, but check out USPS for another 10% off coupon. Anyhow in North California that's been the price for a long time ($.97).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hmm. I was all excited when I saw the sale price - I was there two weeks ago and they were $1.97.  

Maybe they are always on sale, and I just missed the one week they weren't on sale (kinda like the whopper at burger king was on sale for $1 for like... 5 years)

-Brandon

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, »
The $1.97 price is for the the 12 foot extension cords... They probably had them in the wrong spot the last time you went there.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, »
the great thing is you can use the male ends for your spt wire so they serve double duty. :)

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, »
As Blearning and I have discovered the Wal-Mart cords are a little better due to speed of prepping them. HD and Lowes have a few stickers. Wal-Mart's only have one, soooo if you hate the stickers and want them removed Wal-Mart for $0.88 is the buy.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, »
Well there is plus and minus as always .. (6 foot cords)

HD cords lots of tags (6) to cut off but softer cable and thinner insulation, so it bends easier and you can get an extra cable into a connector. Runs 96 cents so it is a few pennies more.   Case size is 24.  Normally 5 to 10 cases are in stock at a time and they stock more frequently.  About every 2 or 3 days

Walmart cords thicker insulation but the same rating, and stiffer, likely be a tough bend in the winter, I don't know it does not get winter here.  Runs 94 cents, Case size 12 cords, they normally don't carry but a few cases so several trips are required ... maybe spending the 24 cents you saved on extra trips.  Restocking is longer ... about a week

all in all it is mostly a wash ...
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, »
As Blearning and I have discovered the Wal-Mart cords are a little better due to speed of prepping them. HD and Lowes have a few stickers. Wal-Mart's only have one, soooo if you hate the stickers and want them removed Wal-Mart for $0.88 is the buy.

I went to my walmart and the cords were 94 cents, at my home depot they are 96 cents... The cords at homedepot seem heavier and better quality. As far as the stickers, the stickers on the HD cords are within a foot of the male end.... I cut all my cords in the middle for my pig tails, so the stickers never came into play.

Sloan

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, »

I went to my walmart and the cords were 94 cents, at my home depot they are 96 cents... The cords at homedepot seem heavier and better quality. As far as the stickers, the stickers on the HD cords are within a foot of the male end.... I cut all my cords in the middle for my pig tails, so the stickers never came into play.

Sloan

The size of the insulation on the wires doesn't really matter much, which is probably what made you think it was "heavier and better quality".  I seriously doubt the amount of copper was any different...
Mark
Kernersville, NC