Author Topic: dongle backorders  (Read 1218 times)

Offline BryanV

dongle backorders
« on: June 28, 2010, »
is there any other options on parts for the dongles.  Mousers dates or going into sept and beyond.  WIth out the dongle no blinky blinky.  I am trying to build 2 one for myself and one for a buddy.  Any help?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: dongle backorders
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

Which specific parts are you still looking for?  You might have to go to several places to get current stock, but we can try to point out where they are available at the moment.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, »
As an intellectual exercise (a.k.a.: a way to waste time), I spent some time looking around yesterday and the DC/DC converter -- MER1S0505SC -- seems to be completely unavailable. Octopart has none listed. None at Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, Allied, Jameco, Farnell -- I think I looked everywhere. I even tried a couple of houses that claim to have parts that nobody else has -- still none. Mouser says that 176 will be arriving on 7/26, but apparently that date has already been pushed out a couple of times already.

I also tried looking for a compatible substitute and couldn't find anything.

There may well be a dongle drought for the foreseeable future.

\dmc

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, »
What about MEV1S0505SC?  Looks the same as MER1S0505SC  but with higher isolation.  Mouser has 25 of them right now.
/mike

Offline BigGunFish

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, »
If you read the post in dongle part I have found a sub for the dc/dc converter,
I ordered two of MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter from mouser as well and they keep moving the delivery date back. I ordered two of these (part No. 213313) from Jameco, the data sheets look the same as the MER1S0505SC DC/DC converter.  If someone could confirm that this part can replace the original converter it would give us another option until mouser can get the others in.
Here's a link to the Jemaco part.

Stephen

So here is a alternate part if someone could verify that my research is good. I bought two of these and they seem to working just fine.

Stephen

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, »
So here is a alternate part if someone could verify that my research is good. I bought two of these and they seem to working just fine.

I would think that if you have them installed in a dongle and they work, then it is a good substitute part.

\dmc