Author Topic: Sequence help needed  (Read 1223 times)

Offline BryanV

Sequence help needed
« on: December 08, 2011, »
Hello everyone. Just putting this out to see if someone would be able to help. I have been running my show for 3 years now and have a hard time sequencing. Most of my sequences have been paste and copy from great members who have allowed me to use their sequences. This year I have the honour of dedicating my display to help raise funds for a 11 month old girl from Chilliwack, BC  Canada who has an aggresive form of brain cancer. She currently is at Childrens Hospital undergoing chemo.
The father of Lilee (the daughter) is in a band called "Pardon my Striptease" and they have just released a song dedicated to Lilee. The band has put out a challenge to Nickleback that if the song beats Nickleback on itunes then Nickleback would have to donate to Childrens Hospital. As of today they did and are now rated #8 most downloaded. :D
Heres where I need some help:
Would anyone be able to sequence the song for me so we could present a video or have the family come over for a surprise. I know most of us are busy getting their displays up and running but thought maybe someone would have a little time to help out.
Here is a link to Lilee's information. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   I am listed under the fundraiser events.
Thanks for your considerations. Hope someone can help out.

Bryan

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therealbigjim

Re: Sequence help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, »
What software are you using? And it might help if you post your your show profile.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, »
Was doing some surfing for the tune and found this I guess from a few hours ago: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tune is here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sequencing is easy for me...   Time consuming, but the most enjoyable part of blinky to me.  I am 2 songs behind and have 100 t-shirts to tie dye this weekend for my daughters Secret Santa Shoppe for school due Monday...

Checked out the song briefly here on the office pc and I envision slow fades for the intro, 16th note groove for the rhythm body, and then some slow fades on the outtro.  Sprinkle on some effects and you're golden.  Key to this tune (as always) is nailing the beat. 

Might be able to get you a good 16 channel foundation that you could build on if your interested.  Shoot a PM.  Hopefully somebody else can knock you out a full sequence. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline BryanV

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, »
Zwiller; Hey thanks for the offer. What if you start and do what you can. I could look at it and see if I could finish it or maybe another member might be able to continue. We can make it a group effort.
I am hoping to arrange for the family to come over as the local tv station has emailed me wanting an interview.
If its a matter of paying to have the sequence done sooner i dont have a problem with that.
Any members interested?

Bryan
PS Sorry for the short notice. I think it would mean alot to the family especially if we can syncronized the bands song for Lilee

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, »
Can you post a profile or pic?  Need to know a rough idea of your setup.  Your sig says vixen 120 channels so I assume you've got some effects pieces like arches or megas.  You wireless?  Needs to be 50ms, right?  I go 25ms but I am wired old school.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline BryanV

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, »
Not sure how to post my profile.
I have (4) 8channel arches, (4) color 8 channels/color mega tree, (4) 3 color med. trees, 10 mini trees, starburst pole and house windows.
Heres my profile  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will pm you and see if that works.

Bryan
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, by BryanV »

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, »
Procrastinating from tie dying this am.  Was at for 8 hrs last night and I am half done...   

Took a peek at the file you sent and at first it crashed...  Then I remember most guys a running 2.1.1 and I am running 2.5.08.  A quick download of 2.1.1 and I am now looking at your profile.  Looks great.  In fact I really appreciate the labeling of your channels which is something I will be doing from now on!  I am already getting some ideas.  More later.

Offline BryanV

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, »
thats great to hear. Looking forward to what ever you can do.
Raised over $100.00 last night for the girl

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, »
Here ya go.  Hope you like it.

Hope this is easy as just copying into sequence folder...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, by zwiller »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, »
As far as the pasting goes, that always makes flickers and lines where I don't need them so I quit that. But if there is anythings I can do, just say the word.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline BryanV

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, »
Zwiller;  Sequence looks great. Just loaded it and by chance the grandmother and 2 aunts stopped by just as it debut. They are gonna try to get the family here next friday along wih Lilee.
Thank you very much.
You made their and my day.

Bryan

Offline zwiller

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, »
I think because i am a musician with a daughter this situation speaks to me.   

Debut?!  Thought there'd be some tweaks before that  ;D

Offline BryanV

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, »
I was doing a trial run when they showed up.  I think there is a little bloop not sure what happened. I tranfered it to my show computer and detached sequence from profile.  I noticed that when the mini trees are to be on the starburst pole is instead. I will take a look tomorrow and double check.
Once again thank you,

Bryan
Hope to get a video link up for next week also