Author Topic: channel not working question  (Read 1362 times)

Offline shaunkad

channel not working question
« on: November 15, 2011, »
On one of my LEs channel 1 is not working I verified the led is in correctly and swapped the opto. Is the only thing left the triac?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, by shaunkad »

Offline TAdamsOK

Re: channel not working question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, »
From looking at the board the pic directly hooks to the LED.  I would reflash that and check the 2nd pin down on the pic's left hand side from the screen printed side or the right from the back.  Also check the orientation and solder joints on the 3023 particularly pin 1 if the in line led is not lighting.

Edit: and pin 2 of the 3023. if the in line LED is not responding.  Now after rereading your original post if that is working and the channel still won't output, then I would move on to pins 4 and 6 on the 3023, the 180 ohm resistor and the triac (particularly the middle leg as they are notorious for being tough to get good heat on).  If all of that fails, then I would probably say it was the triac and try to replace it. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, by TAdamsOK »

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, »
It appears the socket for the opto the one side is loose possible causing a bad connection will plug in to bread board tomorrow.

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, »
back  to the triac does rat shack carry them or is the a mouser thing.

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, »
If rat shack does not carry the triac. I found oneat a surplus store near me the gate current is 25ma vs 15ma the mfp# is   bta06 600a. Can I us this? I need to know by Thursday Friday it is supposed to snow here and I can replace it then.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, »
You may have flickering on that channel at low settings and it may not trigger at all because the express is setup for low trigger current triacs.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying