Author Topic: Peeking...  (Read 1955 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Peeking...
« on: December 08, 2012, »
Ok now for all of those (us) with an ego answer this question.. now be honest.. how many of you(us) peek out the window to see the crowds? I read somewhere that we all tell our spouses that we are making sure things are working but we are seeing how big the lines are... right?
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Peeking...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, »
I try not to but about twice a week I move the shade and take a peek.  But the honest part is we have security cameras all around the house.  We can sit and watch them on the camera and we do. :)

What I found is as soon as they see somebody move the shade and look out they leave.  If I step outside, they leave.  Somehow they like it better when they don't know they are being watched.

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I step outside, they leave.  Somehow they like it better when they don't know they are being watched.

I notice this too if I look out the window, but I'll have to say it's 50/50 if I walk outside....the extroverts roll down the window and start shouting their praises. And that always provides a dose of gratification that I seem to crave.

Mike E.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, »
I look outside a lot.
 Mainly to judge how many songs I have playing during the show.
 On slow nights I add more. Tonight I am only playing 5, and there are a lot of cars out there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, by SteveMaris »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, »
I have security cameras as well, actually its wireless and i veiw as much as i want.it fits in the palm of my hand... but being outside and hearing to oooos and ahhhs rocks. The lines are getting long and i love it.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, »
I have security cameras as well, actually its wireless and i veiw as much as i want.it fits in the palm of my hand... but being outside and hearing to oooos and ahhhs rocks. The lines are getting long and i love it.
I need to get cameras. That would make life much easier.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, »

I need to get cameras. That would make life much easier.
[/quote] its a must for the show...lol...mine also has volume control and infared..

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, »
I try not to but about twice a week I move the shade and take a peek.  But the honest part is we have security cameras all around the house.  We can sit and watch them on the camera and we do. :)

What I found is as soon as they see somebody move the shade and look out they leave.  If I step outside, they leave.  Somehow they like it better when they don't know they are being watched.

Funny, we do the same thing and reaction is the same. We try not to go outside because most always they leave. I think it something about sitting in front of someone's house you don't know. We too have security cameras and watch the cars while we watch TV. We like to see how many cars and their attention span. It is always cool when they start to leave and then backup to watch more.

Offline typoagain

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, »
Peak? No way!

I go out the back door, down the ally, across the street and to the neighbors yard.

Some nights I take a chair, a radio and a hot drink! >.d9

Peaking is for sissy's.!
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, »
 <la..

sjb

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, »
I will admit to once every hour, but that is it. The other times are just to verify the show is running.

Steve

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, »
I will admit to once every hour, but that is it. The other times are just to verify the show is running.

Steve

So you admit to once an hour.....  then claim even more peeking "just to see that the show is running.....     right.....   >:D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, »
The main reason I "watch over" the show is to make sure all is running correctly.  I also make note when traffic leaves since this is almost always a sign of a weakly sequenced song.  I have no shame, my family and I share the joy.  We yell "stopper!" if one is seen.   

In the past I pulled back, but I made a significant investment this year in rgb.  Consequently, I expect a crowd.  In the past I was happy to see a car or 2 parked, but with what I have done this year I would really like to see some traffic...  A write up in the paper would be nice too. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

sjb

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, »

Steve

So you admit to once an hour.....  then claim even more peeking "just to see that the show is running.....     right.....   >:D

Like I said I will not admit to it. I will plead the 5th. <fp.

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, »
Make sure if you are using audio, that you don't record it.  The US Supreme Court is VERY anal and is anit-audio recording.  But I wasn't here to poop on the parade, just trying to keep you from getting in trouble.

I don't have a show, but I can say that I would be looking out WAY too much.  I just posted some pictures of me on stilts, so I will be part of the show so I will be peeking without peeking.

The show we just got back from hands out candy canes and talks with everyone and I personally liked it.  I'm the extrovert you spoke of though.

I just bought this off newegg.  This is by far the cheapest security system I've seen in a really long time.