Author Topic: Post Christmas Sales  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Made2Rock

Post Christmas Sales
« on: December 26, 2009, »
I can only speak for what I see here in Huntsville, Al. but I hit 5 different Walmarts today. 3 of which had almost no lights and the other 2 had a poor selection. I know last year they had a lot of lights after Xmas so it appears they cut back. So if you are planning on picking up some lights you may want to check on them before to much time goes by.

Joe
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline aERonAUtical96

Re: Post Christmas Sales
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, »
Lights were scarce here a week before christmas.  I guess they used last years sales as an indicator and cut back their stock this year.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, »
Yup, all dry here as well, Walmart's here had noting left about a week before Christmas.
About the only thing left at 50% were trees and wrapping supplies.

Bill

Offline tpctech

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, »
Same Here!  Walmart, Lowes and Big Lots had basically nothing.  I did pickup some 3ft candy canes that don't look to bad.  They use standard minis that can be replaced an upgrade from my current tube light based candy canes that are starting to fail!

I hope to hit Target, HD later today. 

I guess that is ok if I don't buy a bunch of lights.  It will give me more $$ to buy a couple more LE's, SSR4-DMX, and other toys!

KEN

Offline softshelpro

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, »
Same thing in Washington. I was bummed, I have no lights yet! :( Well perhaps I can find a good deal some time this year so I have something for next year and my first show.
There are two types of people in this world, those who are Dorks and those who are in denial.

Offline magic8192

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, »
I would go and hustle right now.   There isn't any other time of the year to get good deals on lights.

Offline cmorda

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, »
All dry here too. Most stores were nearly out of lights at 2 weeks from Christmas.

The only stores that have anything are the ones who are very expensive to begin with and at 50% are still not a good deal.

But that's OK. I didn't use half of what I bought last year (a lot). I bet I only used 1/4 of my lights this year.

Like tpctech said.. More $$ for controllers this year!

Chris
Ventura, CA

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, »
Of all places to find a great deal on lights... ACE Hardware.

Just happen to need some cement today and found 100ct mini's for $1.68 and 300ct (2x150) for $3.00.

Happy, happy!!!
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just happen to need some cement today and found 100ct mini's for $1.68 and 300ct (2x150) for $3.00.

Happy, happy!!!

Did the same thing ACE neighborhood hardware store, they were at 75% or more .... got a pick up load of lights for 150.00 ...  again used the whole shelf technique .... 

Ask for the manager.  I said "would you take $150 for that whole shelf full of lights ... ( I did my due delinquents ) and you can put something else there"   -Smile just n case-   Manager  "Yah OK it is yours"  you say .. "lets pack it up" and reach for your wallet. 

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, »
Found 10-15 boxes of cool white 25-ct C9 LED strings (non replaceable) at Hobby Lobby today.  $3.40 a box, since they went 66% off today.

Found some 18 inch tall "spiral" trees at Home Depot for $5 for a box of 5 (attached).  Plan to use these near my arches for some accent.  Picked up 13 boxes @ 75 % off original price.

Mark
Kernersville, NC

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, »
now it all depends whats a whole shelf and what was on the shelf?  ;D. Did it end up better then 75% off?

Happy, happy!!!

Did the same thing ACE neighborhood hardware store, they were at 75% or more .... got a pick up load of lights for 150.00 ...  again used the whole shelf technique .... 

Ask for the manager.  I said "would you take $150 for that whole shelf full of lights ... ( I did my due delinquents ) and you can put something else there"   -Smile just n case-   Manager  "Yah OK it is yours"  you say .. "lets pack it up" and reach for your wallet. 

Offline magic8192

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, »
I hit up every Walmart in a 100 mile radius starting this morning for the 75% off sales.  I did pretty good.  I will need some more red and green lights, but I didn't do real bad.

84 boxes 400 count mini clear
37 boxes 100 count mini clear
60 boxes 100 count mini green
60 boxes 100 count mini red
9 boxes 200 count mini red

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, »
didn't get any lights, but with some patience and talking with the Electrical manager I was able to score 22 boxes of 3 pack extension coords (6', 9', 15' pack) for 1.38 a box. Atleast I got to score something good.  :D.

Offline lightsoncallaway

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, »
I stopped by Lowes in Rogers on my way home from Reserves last night and got a $178 navtivity scene for $17.80.  The sign showed %75 off, but before I seen it I asked a guy if they were at %90 and he said that he no, but he would go %90 off.  They also had 6 boxes of GE 100 count LED icicle lights I grabbed.

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, »

now it all depends whats a whole shelf and what was on the shelf?  ;D. Did it end up better then 75% off?

Happy, happy!!!

Yah I got it for 5 to 9 cents on the dollar ... got some junk so yah running at 90% off ... and scored a light keeper pro as well. LOL 

it is the little things that make us happy ...

Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL