Author Topic: how to mark  (Read 863 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
how to mark
« on: January 10, 2010, »
Hey guys anyone tell me how to mark post i've already have a bad memory sooooo many
Jeff

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: how to mark
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

You can mark a post as UNREAD, if that will help you.  Then look at all UNREAD posts and it will show up.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, »
Thanks on my screen i have mark read when i click on it nothing happens also at the very top it says show unread post since last visit and i still see post that i have read i'm a idiot at this trying hard turn learn so not to aggrevate you guy you all are sooooooo helpful not computer smart but i work for power company the only help i can give is power issues and more than willing to sorry i cant help eletronically
Jeff

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, »
Don't get confused by the mark as read.  That only means mark as read what is already there.  If one minute after you mark as read someone posts another reply in the same thread then you have something else to read and the thread will show up in unread posts again.  Once I got started here almost a year ago, i went thru and read almost every post that was here and then clicked on mark as read for each thread so I would know going forward what was new.  Now I try to keep up with everything that comes in on a daily basis.  Also if you do not logout then things get confused and the show unread since last visit may not be reliable so I recommend that you logout at the end of each visit.  Since I started doing that I do not have problems keeping track of what is new versus already read.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, »
Thanks

You guys are are soooo helpful to us newbies I think I've got it now
Jeff