Author Topic: How to use LOR software with LE's  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: How to use LOR software with LE's
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, »
If I can get enough LE's this year I want to setup my display to work with xLights or S3.  Either way you don't need and iDMX.  It would cost $400 of iDMX equipment to get the same functionality of one Lynx Dongle.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, »
taybrynn has a large show and he's about as picky as I know when it comes to sound so I have to believe xLights has a lot to offer. :) I'm about as picky about my sound but I still like my LOR scheduler.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, »
The only thing I missed with the xlights vs. the LOR scheduler was the ability to do shows on demand and the better scheduler calendar.  I think xlights has a decent chance of having both of those this year.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, »
Just an observation ;), I don't want to slam LOR they are the reason I got into this whole blinky thing. I posted the same question on the LOR forum and have not received a single reply. I appreciate (especially being a newbie) the DLA members and their willingness to spend the time to answer the newbies questions. I've learned a bunch and spent more money then I should have.  <fp.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, »
I think we're all learning with you.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, »
LOR has great gear and software.  It's just DIY gives us another option.  Each has it's place in scheme of things. 

I think you will find that the Planet Christmas and LOR forums dwindle this time of year.  The DIY folks are at it almost year round.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, »
It may be the time of year. Some people only worry about Christmas lights starting in October. Most LOR folks buy ready made stuff and many people buy plug and play sequences ( I was one). Now being a member of the DIY community I plan a head (obsess) and spend time, at least two nights a week working on equipment or sequencing. From the participation here, I see  this is a full time hobby not just a week or two chore done in Dec. 
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login