Author Topic: Recently Recovered Tsunami Video  (Read 540 times)

Offline pk

• Patron Member
Recently Recovered Tsunami Video
« on: September 09, 2011, »
I received this as an email from a friend.  I found the video very interesting. 

Yu Muroga was doing his job making deliveries when the 11 March 2011 earthquake hit in Japan. Unaware, like many people in the area, of how far inland the Tsunami would travel, he continued to drive and do his job. The HD camera mounted on his dashboard captured not only the earthquake, but also the moment he and several other drivers were suddenly engulfed in the Tsunami. He escaped from the vehicle seconds before it was crushed by other debris and sunk underwater. His car and the camera have only recently been recovered by the police. The camera was heavily damaged but a video expert was able to retrieve this footage.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Recently Recovered Tsunami Video
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, »
WOW

That is crazy scary. I wouldn't know what to do if that happen to me. I wished I knew Japanese to understand what was being said and written on the screen. Its amazing the video was recovered and how many floating vehicles still have wipers going along with lights on.

Thanks for sharing

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jeffcoast

Re: Recently Recovered Tsunami Video
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, »
That is pretty amazing. A friend of mine is in the Navy and was on deployment at the time of the earthquake, but his wife is from Japan and was there at the time with their daughter. She was not anywhere on the coast but was about 90 miles away from the Nuclear power plant. He was freaking out about it because he couldn't get a hold of her for a couple days after it happened. He wanted her to leave to come back to the US, but she didn't want to leave her parents. It was a few months until his deployment was over and he could go bring them back.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL