Author Topic: Smart String shows shipped - but has not!!!  (Read 4498 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Re: Smart String shows shipped - but has not!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, »
Rick and John: Thanks. I feel very relieved.  ;D. First, I finally found the messages. Right where you said they would be - under the orders tab. And Ray sent me a new tracking number which I can actually track.  :D The shipment went out today (not May 9th as they originally said). Now, all I have to do is patiently (ha) wait. Thanks to all and I hope that Pete (who started this thread) gets some good news also.  Jim W  <pop..
Jim Wright

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, »
A.) they are on the other side of the world, so most likely sleeping right now.

B.) there is a trademanager application that comes from the aliexpress website. I've used it to talk to Ray in semi-real time  (there's always a delay in his response.. could be anything from being really busy, or needing it translated)

as learned in my cultural awareness classes taught at my last job. There's a different work ethic/ attitude in different parts of the world. they may not have the gung ho, get it done mentality as us-america has (i'm not even sure if we still have it anymore)
the customer's always right doesnt usually apply, and people sometimes are more likely to cancel your order than to deal with a problem customer. (not directed at anybody, just pointing it out)

it's good to have a little extra patience when dealing with people not in your immediate area.  
think of it as those tv shows where you watch people getting pulled over by the police. the pleasant patient ones usually get a warning, the rude ones get the ticket, or worse.

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Pete

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, »
Thanks Jim - glad to hear your order is on it's way.

Thanks Chris - You provided great (reality) information.

Pete

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, »
I just checked my order (via. My Orders -> (login) -> View Details) ... and found that it listed a REMARK and a TRACKING  number.  The REMARK did contain a valid tracking # when I manually entered it into the indicated shippers tracking website.  The tracking link on the website didn't work and the tracking number listed  might have been a China tracking# of some sort.  And as I mentioned in another post, the shipping company actually used appears to be different than the one selected on my order, no biggie, but different.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, »
it appears to be a way to keep your order from timing out...   some people have expierenced getting the number changed just before it arrives at your door.   some people
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, »
Yes he does that to add time to the clock. The site does not give him the option to set the real amount of time he needs for them to be made. I know many users have never order from overseas and so it is scary but this is not like ordering from ebay where they have it in hand and you will have it in a couple of days. It has to be manufactored and shipped a long way. DHL does not show even when it has shipped sometimes for many days. I am sure you stuff will all come I have never had anything I ordered not show up.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, »
I asked him yesterday if my dhl tracking number was correct and he replied with a new dhl number and that number showed it shipped Monday.

Offline rm357

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, »
Mine shipped tuesday and now I'm tracking it as it moves around Hong Kong...
 <pop..
 <pop..
 <pop..
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, »
Mine showed Hong Kong yesterday ... today 'out for shipping' !!!   Cheers!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, »
Got mine yesterday but it seems he forgot the sample c9 diffuser he was going to send me to check out.

Offline egenoup

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, »
Mine Arrived today!   <yk..

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, »
I am envious.  <pop..
Jim Wright