Author Topic: looking for kits not assembled  (Read 720 times)

Offline enjoylife22

looking for kits not assembled
« on: October 02, 2014, »
I am looking for (1) express kit,(1)usb dongle,(1)lynx tx/rx,(1)lynx ex/rx.  I am starting this year and would like to build everything myself so I really learn what everything does.  This year will be just my trial run to see if I want to become a junkie.

Offline enjoylife22

Re: looking for kits not assembled
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, »
If I can find anyone that has just pcbs of all the things I need I would also appreciate it.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, »
This late in the year, you are probably going to have a hard time finding items still in kit form and that may not be the best idea anyway.  Having one built and working item makes it much easier to debug and correct issues with other items in the display.  If you build all of the components and hook them up and nothing is happening, you really have no place to start from while debugging.  Is it the dongle, , the express, the cat5 cable, the usb cable, the software, the configuration ?????  You will also find that while building these kits can be fun, you really are not going to learn all that much doing it.  If you really want to start this year, I would look for these components either kit or built.  If you decide to stay with it, you will be building plenty of controllers and equipment in the future and if not, then just put it up for sale and be done with it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, »
not really worried about having them done this year.  Really just wanting to get into it and really get familiar with all the aspects and how they work.  I work on cars often and love to tinker(actually my nickname from my family) with stuff.  I take my time with rebuilding engines and never put a time frame on any of the things I decide to really get involved in.  Sometimes it takes me a year just to rebuild a motor just so I know that I have a solid build.  Time is all we have here and just moving into a new home that I plan on having forever so there is always next year if I don't have it all understood this year.

Offline galgon

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, »
I have a spare dongle board and more importantly an extra case with cutouts.   The dongle is never sold as a kit so you can just buy the other parts from mouser for about $50. BOM is available in the wiki.  How about $12 for the two plus shipping (5.95 for small flat rate box).

I also have an extra express I may be willing to part with. But it is fully assembled.
- Joe
Bethlehem, PA