Hardware > Lynx Express

Lynx Light Curve Utility???

<< < (2/2)

tbone321:
If you can decode the xml file then sure, you can do it that way.  The xml is not just a series of hex codes so if you figure out what how it is configured, please let me know.   Also, make sure that the set you are working with are dimmable.  Some of the sets are not and will go from full bright to very dim almost instantly and holding them in that state will fry the set.

rjhodgefamily:
So the xml isn't too bad. it is a little ugly when just looking at it. But the Strings Are base 64 encoded binary. You can use something like You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to decode the base64 string to 255 2 byte numbers which represents the entire light curve. This will represent the 8 bits of light granularity that DMX allows. Each 2 byte number can range from 0-1023 or in hex 0000 - 03FF.

So to create you new hex file you can just type it in any text editing tool. Just make sure you do not have any carriage returns. You can then modify the same link as above to convert from hex to text. Just reverse everything. And switch it over to encode on the middle section.

Now just copy and paste the new text into the xml file.

<MY_AWESOME_CURVE>new base 64 string</MY_AWESOME_CURVE>
<space></space>

Save the file and you should now have access in the LE config tool. As you can see this is quite the PITA which is why I was hoping for the Light Curve Utility. I might have to start writing my own program in the off season. As I for see this coming up more and more as LED's are more prevalent. Unfortunately I only program in Mac stuff normally. So not sure how much benefit it will be to other people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version