Author Topic: Connector strips don't fit. Coop 3  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Tigman009

Connector strips don't fit. Coop 3
« on: May 07, 2012, »
Trying to build my new express from the last coop and can't force the connector strips in place.  Can I use a drill bit to open the holes with out damaging the board. I got four kits and none fit

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Re: Connector strips don't fit. Coop 3
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Trying to build my new express from the last coop and can't force the connector strips in place.  Can I use a drill bit to open the holes with out damaging the board. I got four kits and none fit

They should fit no problem.  They might be a little sung but you should not have to drill out anything.  I just checked the fit with the latest connectors and they really sung but still went in.   Do you have a pic ?, Also if anyone else is seeing this let us know please.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline Tigman009

Connector strips don't fit. Coop 3
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, »
If I were to reverse them then I couldn't attach the 16 extension cords. I ended up drilling them out

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, »
I drilled mine out to 0.042 inch DIA and they went in easier.  You just need to be sure there is still a connection to the 47K resistor after everything is solder.  The 47K resistor "snubber" assures the TRIAC turns off when LED strings are on that channel.  If you use incans the 47K is not required but it doesn't hurt anything if it is there.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, »
I drilled mine out to 0.042 inch DIA and they went in easier.  You just need to be sure there is still a connection to the 47K resistor after everything is solder.  The 47K resistor "snubber" assures the TRIAC turns off when LED strings are on that channel.  If you use incans the 47K is not required but it doesn't hurt anything if it is there.

I was in the 2nd lynx express coop, all of my connectors were too tight. i had to drill the holes to make them fit. We are talking about the strip connector that the ac power lines screw into.
i had 4 kits, all 4 had too small holes.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, »
They should fit no problem.  They might be a little sung but you should not have to drill out anything.  I just checked the fit with the latest connectors and they went in no problem.   Do you have a pic ?, Also if anyone else is seeing this let us know please.
My 3 from the latest coop were too tight, but I like them tight!!!!  >:D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, by urthegman »

Offline shortguy

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, »
one of mine was good, nice tight fit... but the other i had to drill out...
If holiday decorating is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Offline denverstone

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, »
My first kit was really tight... I just supported the board really well and "gently persuaded" them to fit with a little pounding of a soft screwdriver handle..... I have not checked the remaining kits...