Author Topic: Hoarding, addicted, or what?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: Hoarding, addicted, or what?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, »
Reminds me of a story...

Almost 20 years ago my future wife and I sat down with the priest conducting our upcoming nuptials and filled out a questionnaire.  Included in the questionnaire was a question which was "how much do you think you can spend without the other spouse's consent?'.  We fill out and answer. 

Priest later reviews the questionnaire and says all looks good except for large discrepancy about spending without the other's consent.  Priest looks at me and says do you allow your wife to spend $200 without you knowing about it.  I said "no problem".  Priest looks at the wife, smiles, and asks her if I would be a allowed to spend $2,000 without her knowing about it.  She says "sure".  Priest is no longer smiling...   :o

Sigh, the days of disposable income...   <fp.

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, »
 <la..

I remember that quiz too and my wife and I got stumped on the spending issue too!
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, »
Yea my wife refers to all the hardware equipment to run the show "Your Stuff".   She is always asking me when are you going to put "Your Stuff" away.  I tell her this is 365 days a year hobby, once last season starts the next one starts the day after.  <la..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline rm357

Hoarding, addicted, or what?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, »
Hmmm, with all that storage, do you still have room to set up the lights...
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, »
A few years ago I torn down my deck and replaced it with a 14x20 screen room and put a workshop underneath it.  I started putting a few decorations in there and all of a sudden I no longer had a workshop.  Finally built a 12x16 shed and moved all the decorations into the shed along with the riding mower and some ladders.  But it is starting to feel crowded in the shed.  Smart strings have helped because I only have string around my windows and doors now instead of 3.  Same with my gutter line.  There is also a resulting need for fewer extension cords and LEs.  Of course I have only sold off a little, but I'm not needing to buy as much anymore and I can still expand my display.  Then again I have never put up everything I have in any given year and I like to switch things around from year to year to make the yard look different.  I'm just glad I am not a blowmold collector!!!!!
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A few years ago I torn down my deck and replaced it with a 14x20 screen room and put a workshop underneath it.  I started putting a few decorations in there and all of a sudden I no longer had a workshop.  Finally built a 12x16 shed and moved all the decorations into the shed along with the riding mower and some ladders.  But it is starting to feel crowded in the shed.  Smart strings have helped because I only have string around my windows and doors now instead of 3.  Same with my gutter line.  There is also a resulting need for fewer extension cords and LEs.  Of course I have only sold off a little, but I'm not needing to buy as much anymore and I can still expand my display.  Then again I have never put up everything I have in any given year and I like to switch things around from year to year to make the yard look different.  I'm just glad I am not a blowmold collector!!!!!

I have the same problem Jim as I'm sure the rest of the gang has too.  You think Oh I have enough space then "Bam" RJ comes up with something new then our brains start working and soon enough its crowed again.  Never ending battle.  I think if we had a warehouse we would find a way to fill it up.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, »
I am learning the art of organization. I am using every square foot of wall space and ceiling space in my garage. If I could talk my wife in to parking outside, I would have more room.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, »
Just leave it up all year and storage becomes easy   ;D
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, »
It's not an addiction.  It is an OBSESSION!!!
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rimist

Re: Re: Hoarding, addicted, or what?
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hmmm, with all that storage, do you still have room to set up the lights...
RM
yep... The sheds are mostly in the back yard. Actually, my property isn't very wide, and when out front I mentioned wanting to expand to my wife. She quickly pointed out that we were out of room. Just as quickly, four neighbors volunteered their yards. The largest yard is across the street, which my wife pointed out I couldn't safely run a wire across. I smiled and said that's ok, RJ made wireless transmitters and receivers.

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline jess_her

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, »
This is too funny,  <pop..
Only limitations in life is your imagination