Author Topic: RGB Rope light help needed  (Read 582 times)

Offline jramirex

RGB Rope light help needed
« on: November 09, 2011, »
Well after so many nights staring at the front of my house, reading this wonderful forum, drawing lights in MS Paint and looking at videos "I" decided (as in the wife decided for me) to have 3 singing faces. Im building the frames with PVC Conduit and chicken wire to make it easy to attach Rope Lights... now thinking ahead I want to use RGB LED rope light, that way we can re-use them for different holidays and just change the color of the faces.

What do I need to control the rope light? Im thinking 12v 4 wire RGB LED rope light (from Ray) with the MR16 but then got confused with the DMX controllers the vendors sell and the smart string controllers.

Can I use a few MR16 for it? Smart string controllers?

The rest of my setup is going to be a LE, pixeldongle and pixelhub and a bunch of ssc.

Thank you sorry If my post is confusing but my brain's wires crossed after trying to figure it out on my own.

Offline caretaker

Re: RGB Rope light help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, »
If you are using the 12 volt RGB rope light you can use MR16s to control it as long as you don't go over 2.5 amps a channel (I doubt you will).
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Re: RGB Rope light help needed
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, »
as long as hes using led 12 volt rope lights, now incadesent rope light pull quite a bit.