Author Topic: 6 Foot Snowflakes  (Read 977 times)

Offline urthegman

6 Foot Snowflakes
« on: November 03, 2012, »
Hello All, Selling a bunch of LED rope light snowflakes that I made for my display and will only be using 17 of. 16 of them will go along my neighbors fence and I will be using wireless to control, the other one I am putting above my front door. I am selling the rest so that I can afford to have a display that will raise money for victims of Hurricane Sandy and the devastating loss caused in my own backyard that is Staten Island. It was a tough mind bending process to decide to go on with the show and all of my close friends agreed that people will need the display to get some normalcy back into their lives. I wanted to share these with the people I spend a lot of time getting help from and who I in turn help back. I would rather see them go to all of you and actually get to see pictures of them in your display than put them on ebay and never see them again. Once I sell these there are no more to be had and believe you me, I NEVER want to do this much work EVER again!!! Each one is 6 feet wide by 6 feet tall. Solidly built frames in which the supports are 1/2 inch thick and the rest of the dendrites/arms fit in the 10mm hole on my Gage it, so .394 inches or a little larger than 3/8. I hooked them up to my Kill-A-Watt and they pull .42 amps. Each snowflake has 684 LEDs and they weigh about 27-28 pounds each. I live in New York, so they would be coming from 10312 zip code. I will ship them using whichever carrier you wish. I take a lot of pride in the workmanship I put into each one and I will feature several in my own display, you will have these for many, many years. They have all been treated with navel jelly, Rustoleum and 303 Aerospace Protectant which will deter any damage from UV rays. As I will be saving 12.5% that ebay would usually get for selling them, the price per snowflake will be $300. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Thanks, George

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Re: 6 Foot Snowflakes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, »
What have you found on shipping these things?  How much, LTL or regular mail?  Sounds like they fit on a pallet...can they be broken down for shipping?
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, »
Haven't been able to find out much as the gasoline situation here in Staten Island is HORRENDOUS!!!!! I'm hoping it gets better in the next couple of days so I can bring it somewhere to get a quote. Where are you located?

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, »
Almost as far away from you as possible and still on the main land.  Arizona.....85139 code.
Mike Hill
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, »
If you or anyone buys 16, I will rent a truck, deliver and set them up!!!!  ;D

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, »
You will probably loose money on that one...... <la..

Mike Hill