Author Topic: conductor  (Read 1961 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: conductor
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For you at this point the only thing the added expensive would be to eliminate the need for a computer to control your show

Rick that is exaclty the reason I wanted to use the conductor, I am just not sure what is needed , like I said I only have incandesnts lights at this time and don't plan on buying any RGB stuff but would like the ability to use the conductor. I like the idea of puttin your show on a SD card or whatever and set it on never mess with it again
                      THANK YOU RICK now to keep a eye out for the pieces needed
Hi Jeff

Ok you will need. EtherDongle, Conductor daughter board, 16 port Active Hub (to Convert pixelnet from EtherDongle to DMX) PC power supply to power the hub, cat5 cable to go from the EtherDongle to the hub, Cat5 cable from the hub to your DMX wireless TX. Unless RJ changes his mind the EtherDongle may or may not be out this year, the Conductor won't be out until next year. You will also need AC power to power up the EtherDongle, PC power supply, DMX Wireless TX.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Jeff

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, »
Question for RJ.

How much voltage and current does the EtherDongle need?

Was wondering can it be powered using the same Cat5 cable to the the Active Hub?

Looking a reducing all the extra Wall worts.

For you at this point the only thing the added expensive would be to eliminate the need for a computer to control your show

Rick that is exaclty the reason I wanted to use the conductor, I am just not sure what is needed , like I said I only have incandesnts lights at this time and don't plan on buying any RGB stuff but would like the ability to use the conductor. I like the idea of puttin your show on a SD card or whatever and set it on never mess with it again
                      THANK YOU RICK now to keep a eye out for the pieces needed
Hi Jeff

Ok you will need. EtherDongle, Conductor daughter board, 16 port Active Hub (to Convert pixelnet from EtherDongle to DMX) PC power supply to power the hub, cat5 cable to go from the EtherDongle to the hub, Cat5 cable from the hub to your DMX wireless TX. Unless RJ changes his mind the EtherDongle may or may not be out this year, the Conductor won't be out until next year. You will also need AC power to power up the EtherDongle, PC power supply, DMX Wireless TX.

Hope that helps

Rick R.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, »
Question on using the conductor next year. I think I may have seen a video or read on the forum that the conductor will use a version of xlights to run the show. So will I have to figure out the process of converting my LSP sequences to LOR and recombining all my Smartstring channels back together then figure out how to make the LOR file work with xlights? Or will LSP have a direct conversion in the works?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, »
No LSP will output the seqence file for the conductor. David is working on it right now.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, »
Thanks for the info. I hope he is working on the throughput problem. If I spin any color other than red, green, or blue around my megatree it is really choppy and unuseable. I may have to try to figure out how to convert to xlights.

Offline rm357

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, »
You may want to try optimizing it and running it in the scheduler. Lots of folks have had issues running complex stuff from the development window.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA