Author Topic: Oh What a feeling!!!  (Read 2365 times)

Offline kjam22

Oh What a feeling!!!
« on: March 19, 2011, »
Finished my first express tonight and it tested good!!  Wahoo, only 3 more and a dongle to go!!  Now all I need is to build my display, finish my songs, set up the lights...   There is not nearly enough time in the day.

Offline combustionmark

Re: Oh What a feeling!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, »
Good Job!

I know the feeling. 10 in 2 days. My soldering iron has never been on for so long..

Pat your self on the back.

OK now get back to work. Them 3 are not going to finish them selves.
Have Fun!

Offline BigVettePimp

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, »
YEA!!!!!!!TO YOU <res.
Built my 1st of 6 tonight and will finish the others plus 2 dongles and 10 SSRs Sunday.
It's a great feeling isn't it.

THE SICKNESS CONTINUES!!!!!!!!

Offline lightingnut

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, »
Yeaaaaaa, I finished my 3 express kits today. Not as bad to build as it looked to be.  And all 3 worked the first time. Now where do I find cases for them?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
DF Countryman You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Call Number to Order 612-724-4400 Sale Manager: Duke McNaughton

From the wiki
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline inzeos

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, »
It is a nice feeling for sure.

I've got my 1st one from this particular coop up on the test bench going through stress testing.  Burning it in with some test sequences I came up with.  I'll put a few hours of various load on it prior to packing it up until later this year for the holiday season.

Offline lightingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, »
I just ordered my enclosures from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  only $10.00 each.

So now just need to find wire with plugs. Think I will go with walmart extension cords and cut one end off for the channels and then a heavier gage 3 wire cord for the main power cord.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, »
Here is a good source for cables. Make sure you order extension cables not computer cables.

Offline CB

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, »
I purchased power tool replacement cables from Harbor Freight, lessons learned as a carpenter that personally cut through 3 power cords with a circular saw.  They were $4.50 each and come pre-stripped and ready to roll.  I am writing this from my phone so I can't attach a link currently.  Then I use my SPT-2 spool with female ends for the outlets off the LE.  They look good afterwards as it adds to the "almost" factory look.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, »
One nice thing about the monoprice cables are that they are RoHS compliant, which means they should be lead-free or nearly lead-free.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, »
For power cords, I have started buying used/old power strips from garage sales and goodwill for $0.25 to $1.00.  About 95% of the ones I find are 14 gauge.  Disassemble or cut and you have a nice input power cord with a nice molded male end already installed.  I have found a couple of older ones with 6 foot cords for $2.

HIH,
-Keith

Offline Glenn

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, »
I just ordered my enclosures from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  only $10.00 each.

So now just need to find wire with plugs. Think I will go with walmart extension cords and cut one end off for the channels and then a heavier gage 3 wire cord for the main power cord.
I called that site, DF Countryman, and when I asked about demarcation boxes, he said, "Let me guess, you want the CG-1500".  I said, "Yeah, how'd you know".  And he said, "And you're going to use them for Christmas lights". 

Apparently, he's been getting a lot of calls from us DIY people.

$10 each plus shipping.  He said it'd go out today.