Author Topic: SS burn in sticks - but in multi-colors!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline mokeefe

Re: SS burn in sticks - but in multi-colors!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, »
The biggest problem I'm having with this approach is that there is no consistent spot where the nodes start to display incorrectly.  Each time through the red-green-blue-white sequence of the test firmware, will yield slightly different spots where the colors are incorrect.  So if I pick a spot that looks like it's bad, next time through it might be bad ahead of that or after that.

I'm really starting to get a bad feeling about the batch of strings I just received from Ray.

-Mike

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, »
Hi Mike

Have you tried setting the "program" jumper on so the lights go white only? You might see where the trouble maker is

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Mike

Have you tried setting the "program" jumper on so the lights go white only? You might see where the trouble maker is

Rick R.

Yeah, I've been down that road. Actually all white is usually the only time all the pixels are correct.  The random colors only show up when it's changing from red to green to blue.  The beginning of the string will be fine. Somewhere from half to near the end it will show the random color issue (but vary from change to change).

-Mike

Offline rm357

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, »
Start with the first bad node - it may work with some colors and not others.
As long as there is a bad node before it, the behavior of the other nodes behind it are influenced by the bad one earlier in the string.

For example, if node 5 is bad, node 7 acting up intermittently does not tell you anything except to confirm that an earlier node is bad.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA