Author Topic: In pixel mode not all strings light at the same time?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline keitha43

Is anyone besides me experiencing this? I laid my strings for the front half of my megatree flat on my living room floor making it 2 dimensional. While testing my sequences I started noticing when the whole tree was supposed to light at once(every node set to On), not every string would come on at the same time. What it seems to be doing is that string 1 comes on and after a microsecond string 2 then 3 then 4 and so on. It looks like an extremely fast fill in a circular motion. Is this behavior normal for RGB as opposed to regular leds? I am able to work around it somewhat by reflashing to Hybrid mode and just programing the first channel of each controller during the all on sections of the sequence. Occasionally you will see it there but it happens rarely. My tree is made up of 8 strings of 126 nodes (a little over 3000 channels). I have them going from the ground to the top and back down and then up again to simulate 3 strings. In LSP I created controllers for each virtual string so 1 up is nodes 1-42, 1 down is nodes 43-84 ect... Only had the front 4 strings hooked up for testing at the time.

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: In pixel mode not all strings light at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, »
I am experiencing the EXACT same problem.

I am using 16 strings of 80 pixels on a Hub.

I laid out all 16 strings and here is the resulting output video. The All On is supposed to be happening at the 18 second point in the video.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tom

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, »
JUst checking, but did you 'optimize' the entire sequence in LSP ?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, »
JUst checking, but did you 'optimize' the entire sequence in LSP ?

Dont know about Keitha43 but I asked that of MR CHristmas earlier on the LSP forum and he indicated that he did optimize all....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, »
Yep I optimized the sequence on BOTH machines.

Two machines same result.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, »
Yes I optimized and am testing with a new Alienware gaming laptop with the latest core i7 processor. I am wondering if the usb dongle is having trouble pushing the data fast enough since it does much better in Hybrid mode just turning on the 1st channel. And I wonder if the etherdongle would get rid of the problem.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, »
Anyone attempt to export to LOR and run through xlights? I read other threads about this type of methodology working better...

Just a thought

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, »
I have tested my same hardware setup that I was using with LSP and now tried it with Vixen and have determined that Vixen will turn all the lights on as it should.

You can see a test video here:

Just to be sure when I get a chance later I will import my Vixen test file into LSP and post those output results as well.

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, »
Are you using the LSP sequencer or the scheduler?  My scheduler seems to output at a much higher refresh than the sequencer.  I was getting the scheduler to output more like the vixen video.  A much smaller time delay across 5 or 6 strips.  Whereas the sequencer was very noticable, but not as bad as the first video here.

Haven't tried it with the newest update of LSP though.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, »
Are you using the LSP sequencer or the scheduler?  My scheduler seems to output at a much higher refresh than the sequencer.  I was getting the scheduler to output more like the vixen video.  A much smaller time delay across 5 or 6 strips.  Whereas the sequencer was very noticable, but not as bad as the first video here.

Haven't tried it with the newest update of LSP though.

No, haven't tried the scheduler. I'll give that a try on my test sequence and see if it is any better. You shouldn't have to drop out of the editor just to test a portion of a sequence. Now if LSP would develop a stand alone quick player that would be great.

I will video and post the results by Monday.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, »
He was correct it worked fine out of my scheduler. Whew! You just saved me a lot of reprograming.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, »
This is the results video of my side by side test.

The LSP Secheduler does play the sequence close to what you would expect. Too bad you can't get the Editor to do the same. One would think that the player module could be called from the Editor and eliminate a lot of the playing overhead that caused this discussion.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, »
I am going back to hybrid mode for now. Pixel mode couldn't keep up with the rapid on/off of the opening of Jingle Bells. But Hybrid mode does.