Author Topic: Pixelnet and LOR S3  (Read 831 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Pixelnet and LOR S3
« on: October 14, 2012, »
I have not been very active in this community this past year because of being overly busy. I need to ask a question - and please don't everyone get mad, I have just not kept up with all of the developments. There used to be a forum on this site for LOR questions and comments. I am looking for some specific info but see that the LOR forum is gone. Can we use LOR software to run Pixelnet? If so where can I find exact setup information for this? If not what is the easiest software to transition to? I have LSP, but last year I had a problem because LSP software would not run LOR's CCRs and I have 10 in my show and really do not have the money to replace them. Does the new version of LSP correct this problem? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!!! Jim W
Jim Wright

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Pixelnet and LOR S3
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, »
You can use xlights software instead of the LOR show player ... Or use LOR which now has lynx DMX and lynx ether dongle support.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Pixelnet and LOR S3
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, »
There are a few threads on the site where a member talked about how it should work with E1.31 now being supported in LOR S3.  I'm hopeful to test this out this winter with my extra ED.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, »
I'm with you Jim. It seems the world has changed since I have been golfing all summer. Time to catch up, and fast...

Offline rm357

Pixelnet and LOR S3
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, »
I hate to disagree with you, but I don't remember there ever being a LOR section on the site and I've been here almost three years. LOR is a commercial product/protocol and we do not officially provide any support.

There are numerous LOR users though... And many questions get asked and answered. Look in the porch for LOR stuff.

As for pixelnet, the EtD just receives standard e1.31. E1.31 universes 1-8 = pixelnet universe 1, 9-16 = pixelnet universe 2, and so on...

There are at least three versions of the EtD firmware with the differences being which 4 pixelnet universes are supported - 1 thru 4, 5 thru 8, and 9 thru 12.

I don't know if the EtD expects all 8 e1.31 universes in a pixelnet universe to be updated together or in a particular sequence.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, »
Here is the thread I was looking for.