Author Topic: My Soldering Station  (Read 823 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
My Soldering Station
« on: July 27, 2010, »
I purchased an MPJA soldering station (mentioned on this site a few times) at the start of my blinky endevour 5 mn ago.  I turned it on tonight and the thing won't warm  up.  The temp tip stays at room temp as noted on the readout.  I know this isn't a customer service site but it appears the MPJA site is very, VERY slow or not working well so I thought I would ask here if anyone owning the MPJA 15845-TL has had similar issues and knows of a solution to this. 
Thanks.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Re: My Soldering Station
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, »
Maybe see if there is a way to reset it, or recheck any and all connections.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, »
Make sure the connector on the handle to the box is connected well, Make sure the tip is on well and there should be a extra heating element with it. You could change it per the instructions to see if the one on it is bad. If so They can replace it for you. Otherwise I know they will take care of you with the defect. I had never has an issue so never ran into this.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, »
I just want to add a comment about how friendly the folks at MPJA were.  I called them about the station.  Not even a question asked and they sent me a new handle right away.  This worked and problme solved.
The folks at MPJA are great to deal with, IMO!

Eric