Author Topic: COOP postage rates international.  (Read 639 times)

Offline Pyrotech

COOP postage rates international.
« on: January 11, 2011, »
With only a few international users, is it not possible to arrange an alternative method of postage?  Is it that much hassle.   

for instance in both the recent express and smart string coops the international rate is $43, for small orders, this makes it non viable. Yet if I order blank boards from second users, I'm paying well last one, about $14 for 5 REN48LSD boards.

so 2 smart strings will cost me over $60, and thats not the end of it, that then makes it subject to taxes and duties as the postage is added in when calculating those taxes and duties.

Oh of course I could buy more, make them cheaper... don't want to. Caught on the Lynx Express COOP, originally the postage was listed as $22  (an error which was corrected) so now my two kits are going to cost me over $20 each in postage, 

Considering how much discussion goes on on the Lighting related boards about postage rates, I don't think I'm the only person with this attitude .

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: COOP postage rates international.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Please remember that all those working on this are volunteers.  And we have no control on various rates dealing with different countries rules and regulations.  If you can furnish specific ideas, then I'm sure people will look at them.  But we have had to deal with these issues before, and nothing perfect has been suggested.  And everyone can't always be separated for special treatment, with the Co-Op managers having an enormous amount of work to do on some of the units.

We do what we can, but can't make everything as perfect as we would wish.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues