Author Topic: Next Express COOP, in time for Christmas 2011?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Newoddity

Just curious if anyone would know this answer, if the next Express COOP starts on Sept. 1st, is it likely that the parts would be delivered to the participants in time to be built for Christmas 2011?

-Tom
The 2393rd member of DLA!

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Next Express COOP, in time for Christmas 2011?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, »
The express coops are the fastest.  RJ and JJ have had a bunch of practice.  It is usually a quick turnaround.  I almost wonder if he keeps a couple hundred kits ahead.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, »
I just checked the BOM on the wiki for 200 kits and there is nothing on backorder. Of course that does not guarantee by Aug 7th it will stay that way. However as long as parts stay in stock you should have no problem getting it to you in time from a coop.

Offline Newoddity

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, »
Outstanding!
The 2393rd member of DLA!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, »
Also remember that in many cases, you don't have to wai for a coop.  You can PM RJ for the Express boards and heat sinks and then order the parts from Mouser yourself.  As said above, jsut becased there are no back orders now doesn'r mean that it will stay that way.  Although you do save a little money order in the coops, if you really want an Express or two for Christmas or Halloween this year ......
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, »
The issue is Many users do not stay active in the forums till a couple of months before show time. Others are new and just start to look around about that time. Running it too early missing them then they complain. I do not expect any issues as JJ and I have a good relationship with the suppliers and he can turn a coop of that size in no time with the parts in hand. The suppliers and I will make sure I get what we need in time.

RJ 
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying