Author Topic: Disgruntled neighbors  (Read 3324 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Re: Disgruntled neighbors
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gary,
I like the idea of a sign reminding people of what to do as the voice over only plays every 6/7 minutes. The diesel thing cracks me up, as both of my possible suspects for neighbors drive diesel trucks  :o

That's funny!

Maybe you should do a "trucker" song... Eastbound and Down by Jerry Reed or Roll On by Alabama comes to mind.  The voiceover says, "Our family wanted to take a moment and wish a Merry Christmas to all our diesel-driving friends and neighbors, this one's for you."  Man, I wish I could do a Casey Kasem impression!

But I digress...
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, »
Convoy

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, »
I like the idea of a sign reminding people of what to do as the voice over only plays every 6/7 minutes. The diesel thing cracks me up, as both of my possible suspects for neighbors drive diesel trucks  :o

Now I think I know the root cause for the complaints... Your neighbors--being Alpha males--want the biggest and best of everything to satisfy their primal needs, so they buy big, intimidating diesel trucks. Their chest-beating Alpha male status is threatened by your clearly superior Christmas Light prowess. They secretly fear that their wives will leave them for you, so that's why they are trying to shut down your display.  >:D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, by Gary »

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, »
Chiming in a little late but....if houses are still being built or there are vacant lots the builder will have control of the hoa until it sells off the lots or finishes. Most will have a property management company collect dues and hand out violation notices.  My subdivision took over our hoa and run it our selves, some opt to leave the property management company in charge. Find out the situation and attend a meeting. if the subject is brought up deal with it then. I had an issue building a garage. My neighbor said every one was against it and cost me $$$$$ with his fight. In the end he was the only resident to show up at the city council meeting in opposition. I built my garage and he has not spoken to me since. Don't go looking for a fight with everyone when its probably just one guy with Christmas light envy.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline Iced

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, »
If you only have a few neighbours, and you seem to have a good relationship with most, why not just go door to door and ask politely if they knew who wrote the letter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk