Author Topic: New Sub-Catagory??  (Read 889 times)

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
New Sub-Catagory??
« on: January 27, 2012, »
I would like to see/ask if the moderators would add a section to the porch for discussion of tools / products we all use.  One name of for this could be "Tools of the Trade" or "Tool Shed".  We all have certain pieces of equipment that we are all proud of and would like to share our use/knowledge of.  For example: What soldering iron/station is best for a novice, to:  What VOM should I purchase?...I know this has been discussed in other areas, but navigating through some areas can be a daunting process.

Just my 2 1/2 Cents Worth - Bill A.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: New Sub-Catagory??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, »
Sorry Mods can't change the layout of dla only Administrators

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, »
I agree with Oz. I have seen at least three threads asking what the best soldering stations or Pick it's are to use. This will also help clean up the forum a bit.
Sebastian from California

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, »
Sorry Mods can't change the layout of dla only Administrators

Rick R.

Thks Rick - I've never run/administrated a forum before.  Maybe RJ would think about this.

Bill A.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

This info in the wiki:

is already a start.

We could still have threads, but you get into the same issue of multiple posts to look through then, also.  Having a location to point to with all the tool info in one place would be a quick answer to at least the basics.

I think the wiki is underused for things like this.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline Ozmin

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, »
Keith - I do agree the WIKI is a great tool, however, i do not think we would want a bunch of edits to it - like a forum post, unless there's something that's a "must have" or similar.  The reason I suggested a separate link, was do to the fact that technology changes too fast to keep up with.  Someone might have a short cut using a certain item that would require another to use multiple devices to check something. 
bill A.