Author Topic: Best way to import Vixen sequences into LSP  (Read 1474 times)

Offline zwiller

Best way to import Vixen sequences into LSP
« on: September 10, 2012, »
Any tips?  I know it can be done since I tried it before, but not sure the best way to do it.  I assume I would import it and later add in this year's controllers and copy/cut/paste from old to new, tweak, then remove old controllers.

I wonder if it is worth it since my new layout is so much different than last year.  Maybe easier to build new sequences.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

Re: Best way to import Vixen sequences into LSP
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, »
I don't know what your channel line-ups are, but you have the ability in LSP to create a sequence with your new controllers then save them to your controller library. You can then open your old sequence and drag the controller from the library to the little icon that is on the controller you are dragging it to (it is right next to the controller name ). It will ask you if you want to apply the old controllers settings to the new controllers. Click yes and you should be set. For your new controllers you can then add those by dragging them into to the sequencing area. Good Luck, George

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, »
Thanks George.  Yes, I created and saved my 2012 line up in the controller library.  Cool beans.  I thought this is so simple... but when I attempt to drag them into sequence area of imported sequence I had to renumber all controller start channels.    :'(   Not that big of a deal, but after some head scratching, I created a new music sequence for same tune with 2012 controllers and this kept the channel info.  Then I copied and pasted effects (entire channels) from imported sequence to new and it went straight forward from there.  It was neat to have 2 tabs of sequences opened and working with both at same time. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, »
I was surprised to be able to copy paste as much as I was able to. I was copying one complete 90 channel SSC at a time when I said to myself,  "Self, let me try all ten!" And it worked!!! Glad you got it to work!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, »
Yep, but got ahead of myself.  Having some timing issues with copy and paste, similar to what I saw mentioned over at LSP.  Also cannot use ctrl+c or ctrl+v.  But I am still learning and plenty of building to do while they figure it out. 

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, »
I posted a work around for copy paste let me go find it for you, BRB.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, »
Started new thread in LSP so as to keep things on topic!!!!