Author Topic: Big Lots  (Read 2714 times)

Offline inzeos

Big Lots
« on: January 06, 2011, »
Stopped into my local big lots today.  They still had tons of LED lights, primarily in pure white and multi.  However, they were still at 50% off, which surprised me since every other retailer in my area is at least 75% off or more now.

I asked the manager if she could over ride the discount to 75% or more if I bought in bulk, which she said she could not.  However, they did inform me they expect the discount to change any day now and that I could put on hold what I wanted and check back each day.  So sure enough I now have an entire shopping cart full of M5 and C7 strings of various colors all LED.

Offline zwiller

Re: Big Lots
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, »
Gonna head to mine tonight.  I will look into their sale honoring policy. 

Walmart, Lowes, etc in my neck of woods sold out all lights at just 50% off.  (or restocked for next year?)  I guess I can't be hasty this year. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, »
Just called the closest Big Lots to me and they only have a couple of lights left.  Gonna drop by tonight I think and snag 'em!  I made the mistake of wiping out walmart and what not of their incans cuz I knew the LED's are out.  I'm slowly finding LED's though so the wife is questioning my sanity. :)  But in the same breath she tells me we can always use the lights elsewhere so I think I might be good! lol

Thankfully I live between two citites here so I have Big Lots stores around me all over..  Just gotta do the drive to find what I need...

Damn this obsession!  <res.
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline eyearedan

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, »
I bought a bunch of LED's from Sears last year and they are the GE Multi Colored ones, I have now gone to solid White with some solid Red and Blue.  I have 67 boxes or so of these lights and will sell them for 3.00 a box.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, »
Hey eyearedan,  I still have 67 of the GE $3.00 off a box coupons left from November.  Do you take coupons?

<la..

<yk..

Ron

Just kidding......
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, »
PM sent
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, »
Stopped there 2 hours ago and my store is only at 50% off.  Stock is decent.  Plenty of LED's.  I am an incan man though.  I am kind of confused as they have tons of 140 ct strand incans?!  I am weirded out of the bulb count not being in 25 or 50 increments? 

Girls there said will be going to 75% off soon.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, »
Well after a stop at the local Big Lots I was disappointed.  What the girl told me and what they had were two totally different things. :(

Guess I'm gonna just stick with incans.  LED's are still scarce and too expensive.
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, »
Stopped at Sears and CVS last night.  Sears is at 75% but everything was so marked up ($10 for 100ct incan!) I passed.  No leds.  CVS was at 50% no lights.  Store manager said she is instructed to pull the light stock day after Christmas.  No lights go on sale.  Tons of inflatables if you're into them.

Back to Big Lots.  Wife has a  friend who works there and says the sales are announced on either Sun or Mon.  She also said the seniors are well known for jumping on the stuff once it hits 75%.  Still at 50% though.

Coolest part about all of this is my show turned out cool enough that friends and family are trying to help me find lights!  But everyone has agreed it is hard to find a deal this year.  I think retailers are catching on.   >:(

Offline mordtech

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, »
I stopped at Big Lots about a week ago. I went ahead and picked up 21 boxes of the white  and 6 boxes of the mutli @ 50% off.

I should have held out for the 75% but, I wanted to make sure that I had a bunch of the same type. since they will all be attached to the same display in the yard.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, »
I found out that on LED Light several of the Distribution Centers were taken back if they could not be sold at 50% off and hold on to them until August for redistrubtion.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline inzeos

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, »
They still have mine on hold, will see what happens :)

Offline Al

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, »
big lots are at 75% off

i was going to give up the hunt this year for good deals on led lights
but i decided to go to 1 more store..... and i hit the mother load they (had) a ton of led lights just what i was looking for
i bought them all, It was a good day for me at big lots ;D

Al

Offline inzeos

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, »
I cashed out my lot of lights today at Big Lots on my way to pick up my new pair of glasses.

All and all I scored another 80 sets of lights and with New York state sales tax only spent like ~$170 bucks.  Just about ~$2.12 per strand of LED's.  Most of them are larger count and larger bulb sizes, only about 26 of them were the smaller M5 mini style.

Offline OneHotRT59

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, »
I bought a bunch of LED's from Sears last year and they are the GE Multi Colored ones, I have now gone to solid White with some solid Red and Blue.  I have 67 boxes or so of these lights and will sell them for 3.00 a box.
eyearedan,
have you posted this in two areas at two different prices?
what is the deal and what is the price?
you seem not to be answering