Author Topic: New SSC  (Read 49285 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: New SSC
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2013, »
RJ plans to fix the utility for color order options and maybe that will get fixed then.  I am starting to wonder if it is actually was intentional since I get a chuckle now and then seeing that and hyBIRD...  Same goes for Rick's color finder.  His wife must wear alot of Chanel.   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2013, »
 <la..

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ plans to fix the utility for color order options and maybe that will get fixed then.  I am starting to wonder if it is actually was intentional since I get a chuckle now and then seeing that and hyBIRD...  Same goes for Rick's color finder.  His wife must wear alot of Chanel.   ;D

Whats wrong with color finder? Under setting there is a color order selection that allows you to select any order you like.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2013, »
My bad, it's the Start Channel program with "Chanel" shown.  ;D

But of course, everything works perfectly. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2013, »
My results with my regular nodes are quite different. I am still @ 26' before first node and down to 10 nodes and still do not function correctly at all. I cannot even get a RGBW cycle. My nodes are @ 8" spacing. I have some 4" spacing ones that I want to test before I start to shorten. Results to follow.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2013, »
@ 4" spacing 26' length I start having problems @ 24 nodes. Time to shorten to 20'.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2013, »
Happy to report a 15' length is working great with vixen.  (100ct 1804 square rear entry nodes)  Ramps well, takes programming, no flickering, nada...  That is almost 300% longer than what I recall being posted as acceptable previously (6').  Works well with LSP too.  That said, I am getting a pretty serious multicolor flicker with string white/all with rgb cycle in xlights.  Not sure what the difference could be. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2013, »
All of my testing has been with Xlights. Now @ 20' can go up to 30 nodes @4" spacing without an issue for on\off. Above that have issues and have flicker with fades at those lengths. Mostly when fading to white.

I am getting horrible flicker with LSP as well.

Sam, are those the new IP68 square nodes?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline zwiller

« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2013, »
Yep > You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I didn't think 15' would work since 20' was so bad, but it does (except xlights full string white)  Tempted to try 12' and see if it fixes it. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2013, »
That's what I thought. Was worried about the quality since you ordered them over the Chinese holiday! LOL

I am even getting flicker on fades with my flex strips @ 20 with Xlights and LSP. I am seeing almost no difference between the 2 programs. I don't use Vixen so it is not loaded on my machine.

Offline towtruck

« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2013, »
Happy to report a 15' length is working great with vixen.  (100ct 1804 square rear entry nodes)  Ramps well, takes programming, no flickering, nada...  That is almost 300% longer than what I recall being posted as acceptable previously (6').  Works well with LSP too.  That said, I am getting a pretty serious multicolor flicker with string white/all with rgb cycle in xlights.  Not sure what the difference could be.

Sorry to jump in here ... I am finding this thread fascinating.

I just wanted to get it clear in my head where the 15' length is.  Is it between the hub and SSC?  Or between the SSC and first node?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2013, »
SSC and 1st node.

Offline travailen

« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2013, »
Has anybody tried putting a 10 or 20 or maybe even a 100 ufd capacitor across the 12Volts at about the 10th node? Leds Switch fast, maybe the cap would settle down any noise on the 12v line. Flexstrips regenerate the data signal each node. So, if there is a problem further down the string, the 12V is suspect.

Rick S

Offline towtruck

« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2013, »
SSC and 1st node.

That was the answer I was hoping for ... thanks!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2013, »
Ok I need to know if the SSC V4 is ready to push out to the members. We have a coop manger that has been standing by to run the coop once we were ready.

So what is the thoughts on this yes or no.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying