Author Topic: Curious about this TP3244  (Read 2596 times)

Offline TheBanker

Curious about this TP3244
« on: January 13, 2011, »
I am curious if anyone has any experience with the TP3244?  If it will work with smart strings?  Anything? Anyone?

Will
Will

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Curious about this TP3244
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, »
I would check over at Aussie Phils website where they create it. I know you are a member so you should be able to find out anything you need to know on it over there.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, »
Yes I am a member there but I would like to know from unbais people if they have used it.
Will

Offline Aussiephil

• My Controllers
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would check over at Aussie Phils website where they create it. I know you are a member so you should be able to find out anything you need to know on it over there.

RJ

Hi RJ,

For the benifit of the query, the TP3244 will support the TM1804 Protocol and Strings, without knowing exactly the various connectors that are supplied on the strings you are getting, I would assume it will need a basic connector adapter to directly interface.
V1 of the TP3244 does not provide power however the v2 PCB will incorporate pass through power onboard.

Support for the protocol has already been tested.

RJ: good luck with all this, good to see more exposure for RGB Strings. I am glad to see you have raised the issue of waterproofing as this has always been an issue with molded plaistic nodes
Phil
Never enough time
Dont Forget - "Play Nicely"

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, »
Thanks,

I just thought it was strang since both of you were in chat together on your site while posting these, that you could not answer him in chat and would need to post to another forum to answer him? I guess I am just confused.

RJ

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, »
I have spent much time tonight discussing with AP and others.  I feel that their opinions are bais toward there product just like I feel yours would be to your product.  I have talked to them about your product and now would like to talk to someone here about their product.  As an end user I am trying to simply weigh all my options and make the right decisions.  The only product I have order so far are these.  If I can use both the products together that would be even better.

Will
Will

Offline Aussiephil

• My Controllers
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, »
RJ,

It was answered more than once in Chat, I even stopped everyone jumping in and replying here as there was no need, I only replied so it was clear to any readers.

There has been too much crap (you know me straight talking) floating around and various people of been asked to either tone it down or stop it completely, ultimately we are all here for the promotion of Christmas lights.

As i said "the more the merrier"

Certainly anyone who did it seriously over the last six months has already learnt a lot of lessons and at times the enthusiasm to share some of those lessons may have been a bit over the top

Cheers Mate
Phil
Never enough time
Dont Forget - "Play Nicely"

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, »
Hi Phil

I totally agree with you. I am so tired of the Crap and hope it stops. There is plenty of users out there any everyone has the right to use what they feel is the best for them. Thank you for asking the members not to add more crap.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, »
Thanks Phil,

That is truely the first really straight open talk about it. I agree and thank you for it as it is refreshing.    

We both have a few fan boys in our memberships and that is not a bad thing most of the time. It is nice to have people that like your stuff that much and I am sure you feel that way too. But when they push things to the point problems start by insisting that their way is the only way, and doing and saying things they know are just to aggravate others, people are going to get on edge and I will admit I have over a few things as well as other members.

I also have been known to have to pm users that post in other places too much pushing my stuff. And if there are users doing this on your forum that you do not want to boot, then please pm me, tell me the issue and I will ask them nicely to stop. If it is still an issue I would say boot them. You should never have to tolerant it either.

The OP is correct in that we are bias. Think about it, who would develop something they thought was second rate. So of course we think our stuff is great. and the truth is they can be. Great is not exculsive, I can buy two different model cars and they both be great!

Both systems are very different, They have different merits, but both have merits. If you really look at it, is either one of us going to have problems getting enough users to use our items to make it worth our time to create? NO! so why is it of any matter?

I appoligies to the Original poster as I have caused his thread to be totally hijacked to no end but I will be happy to split him a new thread to get his answer if he likes.

RJ  

Rick you beat me. I should have wrote a shorter post I guess  <fp.

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, »
It's fine RJ, at least it appears something got accomplished.

Will
Will