Author Topic: Let There Be Lights!  (Read 602 times)

Offline StanB

Let There Be Lights!
« on: October 08, 2011, »
After about a year of procrastinating and reading about everyone else's adventures in this forum, I finally decided it was time to fish rather than cut bait.  Just completed and bench tested my first complete system -- USB Dongle built from bare PCB and two LE's from the latest coop.  All went well, except for an issue with one LE that I was able to track down to a PIC that required a reflash.  Had some trouble with that using a Pickit3, but was successful in making it work thanks to a past forum topic.

So, this Christmas will be 32 channels and counting!  A big THANK YOU to RJ, Bill, Rick, and all the members of DLA who have Been There and Done That -- you have blazed a wide, clear trail that is easy for the rest of us to follow!

Onward and Upward!
Stan

Offline Donny M. Carter

• Ocean Springs, MS
    • Carter Christmas Lights
Re: Let There Be Lights!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, »
Nice Stan, it's always good to see blinky lights for the first time! Enjoy a low channel count while it last!! Many more to come!!

Donny
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, »

Have fun Stan! I hope you have the will power, (I do not have) to keep it simple.
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline StanB

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, »
I do not have the will power, only limited funds!  Otherwise, I know things would get out of control quickly.

I remember having the first chase lights in the neighborhood in 1984 (handmade -- they hadn't come out yet "commercially").  Four channels that made the wheels on Santa's train turn.  We've come a long way, baby!