Author Topic: RGB LED Flex strips help  (Read 565 times)

Offline mmais68569

RGB LED Flex strips help
« on: December 19, 2011, »
I have read that the flex strips have a max length of 5M before they start losing their constant color. I need to have strips 6.1M & 9.2M or 21' & 30' in a straight line on the roof. Do people use this item,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

or do you just add another strip & 3 more channels to make the length.

One other question
I have had some correspondence with Ray wu but it seems like after about 1 & at most 2 emails back & forth with questions & answers it either gets lost or they get tired of questions & stop replying.
Is or did anyone else have this problem.
I ask many questions just to make sure I am getting what I need & want not something they are trying to push & get rid of.

Mike

Offline rm357

Re: RGB LED Flex strips help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, »
If your controller can handle the current, just run additional wires to the new strips. If you are using something like the mr16, using different channels allows the different strips to be controlled independently from each other.

If you are using the smartstring strips, be aware that there is a hard coded 128 node limit per ssc and you will need a separate ssc for each ~4 meter segment (120 nodes).

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline mmais68569

Re: RGB LED Flex strips help
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, »
The controller can handle the extra current but I was trying to save 30 Ch. I am using the MR16 but these lights will be a replacement for my roof lights next year.

Mike

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login