Author Topic: Sensor initiated prop controller  (Read 616 times)

Offline Night Owl

Sensor initiated prop controller
« on: June 18, 2012, »
As there are people here that use the Lynx hardware for Halloween, I thought this might interest them.  There is a project on Kickstarter for a device that can use an external trigger (push button, motion sensor, pressure mat, magnetic switch, etc) to activate a 300mA 5V (or 12/24V with external supply) load.  Up to 6 sensor-load pairs per unit.  They even have a sound module that can be triggered.  Based on some of the discussions on this forum, I think some people might have a use for this in their Christmas displays too.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you are not familiar with Kickstarter, it is a form of micro-funding.  If you have a project and you need funds, you can put it on Kickstarter.  If people are interested, they will pledge an amount to your project.  In exchange, you might give them something.  Small donations might get their name posted on your website, larger donations might get one of whatever you are trying to make.

I'm pretty sure you can do this with a regular Arduino, but they have incorporated a no-programming visual interface that really hooked me.

Offline combustionmark

Re: Sensor initiated prop controller
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, »
I have been thinking about this. My displays are behind a fence, thinking about PIR or motion detectors. Thanks for the link.
Have Fun!