Author Topic: Coming to Bangkok?  (Read 616 times)

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
Coming to Bangkok?
« on: January 29, 2013, »
I know it's a longshot, but if you or anyone you know is planning a trip to Thailand... I am trying to find a way to get ten strings of  C6-70's here as cheaply as possible.  I can't believe how much USPS Int'l rates have increased since last year.  Most airlines allow one free bag up to 50 lbs...

For the life of me I cannot find a Chinese supplier of these in BLUE!  Go figure.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline Pat

• I need more lights
Re: Coming to Bangkok?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, »
Morning John,   I have a manufacturer that i've been dealing with for the last 4 years (tablets)  in Shenzhen, she's trying to help me find a maker of led lights as well, most of them are dealing in the RGB's.  UPS is expensive and then you'll get extra charges too,  I deal with DHL if i'm in a rush.  IF not I rather them ship snail.  I'm still looking if i see anything i'll let you know.
Winnipeg, Mb

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, »
Thanks Pat.  The pre-sale price on those in-stock C6's expires Thursday.  I guess I'll just have to keep looking on AliExpress, and maybe luck out with a free shipping offer!
John

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, »
Has any one looked to see if there is a cheaper way to mail these. Separate from the selling company.
What if we have some one pick up the package that are cheaper.

I know there are company's starting to carry RGB nodes in the US. But it doesn't save you money.

What about by water?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, by sittinguphigh »
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, »
Thanks Mr.   The cheapest way would be USPS Parcel Post, but I don't know if the PO even accepts Int'l PP shipments anymore.  (It is not an option online at usps.com)  And my experience in the past has been that PP shipments always get opened by customs and duty charged.  FIrst Class is the way to go.  Now, however, FC has a 4-lb package weight limit, and those four pounds would cost >$35.   :o
John