Author Topic: Videos  (Read 582 times)

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Videos
« on: October 23, 2011, »
Hey folks...
     Working finally getting some videos of my display this Halloween.  Having some issues capturing the audio but am working on solving that problem.

My question tonight is this.  What is used to get some text at the beginning of the vids?  I see many vids with an intro / title of the video.  What software is used? Anything special?

Thanks in advance!
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, »
I use a software called Corel VideoStudeo Pro X4. It was the best that I could find for what I use it for, which is pretty much just making videos for the display. You can add text and edit the audio so you can get good sounding audio in the video without any background noises that are captured when you are recording the video. It takes some getting used to, I'm still learning it and trying to get used to which button does what, but so far I've had good results with it. I made my 4th of July videos with it.
If you want something that is really quick, I'd just use Windows Movie Maker (if you have a Windows computer). I used that with the last video I uploaded, which was a teaser video of my Halloween display this year. But it's easy to use, free, and it comes preinstalled on Windows computers.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, »
I use Rixio video weave.  I don't worry about capturing the broad cast from the show because of traffic, dogs and general noise ( me breathing) and what not. In editing I kill the video sound track and add a back ground track using the audio wave file or MP3. and sink it with the video. Rixio also lets me record in different resolutions for web posting or DVD and the newest versions even do Blue Ray. It sets up the menu and allows you to create a DVD that you can put in any player so even Grand Ma can watch a video of the show.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, »
If you are running Windows, you can install the Windows Live suite, which includes Windows Live Movie Maker.  This can be used to lay down (replace) the audio track.  I've used it -- and you can do similar with Pinnacle and other tools -- to edit videos to stitch together my show from different vantage points, then replace the audio with the original mp3 file.

you can get this tool and others from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, »
Hey folks thanks for the responses!  After I wrote this I discovered that my JVC camcorder included a "express" version of CyberLink PowerDirector.  Messed around with it a little last night and will do what I need for right now.  But I'm thinking I'm going to get something more robust so keep the responses coming!!!! :)

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]