Author Topic: Help getting tree to spiral and not spin  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Bogususer

Help getting tree to spiral and not spin
« on: November 24, 2011, »
Hello all
I'd like to try to get my 16 string, 50 node tree to produce a spiral effect from top to bottom and around the tree. I just can't seem to figure this out.. .I can get the tree to spin, but not have a spiraling effect. Any help/suggestions would be appeciated.

thanks!
 ???

Offline rm357

Re: Help getting tree to spiral and not spin
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, »
The trickis to get your head around it...

If you view your tree as 16 columns of 50:
    a vertical line = a string
    a diagonal line = spiral
       Slope of 16:50 (corner to corner) = 1 complete wrap around from top to bottom. As you move that line in either direction, wrap the line around to the other side of the 16x50 "box"
RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, »
I think most spiral effects look like they wrap around the tree 1.5 to 2 times. RJ did this effect last year so maybe he can chime in. I was think of trying this effect next year. What I was going to try to see how it looks is to light the top 2 nodes on string 1. Then 2 and 3 on the string next to it and so on. Once you get the spiral shape you want then just light those same nodes on the strands in the direction you want to turn. I had the front half of my tree on my living room floor experimenting this year.

Offline Bogususer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, »
Thanks - I think I got it, so what is the best way to accomplish this in LSP?  I have my 16 Lynx PixelNet controllers setup - and every time I try to "chase" with them collapsed it does it just solid for the controller. 

if I take my chase sequence on just my 150 channels, copy it and then expand and move over just a bit on my 2nd controller it appears to work, but there HAS to be an easier way ... 

suggestions!?

thanks!

Offline sielbear

Help getting tree to spiral and not spin
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, »
I don't know if you have access to any video editing software? If so, this is pretty straight forward. Create a video with diagonal lines and pan it horizontally.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, »
Anytime you do an effect on a collapsed controller like an "on" command it will apply that command on every channel(node) in that controller(think string on instead of node on). You would have to work with the controllers expanded to only turn on say the first few nodes of 1 string and then go to your 2nd expanded controller and turn on a few more farther down the string.