Software > xlights

1034 Channels controlled by xLights!

(1/4) > >>

dowdybrown:
Well, after a storm on Christmas Eve blew lights off of the house, I was able to get things put back together on New Year's Eve long enough to film it.

Stats:
about 16,000 lights
1034 channels (including 270 nodes of RGB light strips)
5 LOR AC controllers (in DMX mode)
5 Lynx Express AC controllers (2 wireless)
4 Lynx DC controllers
3 TP3244 rgb light strip controllers
3 DMX universes (via Lynx dongles)
My yard and my neighbor's yard
Sequenced using LOR (I wrote several programs to manipulate the S2 XML file outside of S2)
Playback using xLights

Videos are here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My only regret is they don't really show what is going on in the neighbor's yard.

Enjoy! May 2011 be bigger and brighter! And thank you RJ for making it affordable to put the display of our dreams together!!!

Matt

PS. I'm hosting these videos on my own web site, so it's possible the site could go down if I exceed the bandwidth limit set by my hosting provider, but hopefully not.

RJ:
No thank you for putting on such an amazing display!

RJ

rrowan:
Hi Matt

Awesome job, being a train guy I love your train running around your tree.

Cheers

Rick R.

Jeffl:
Great job.  It's good to see that xLights seams to have a good solid start.  By the way.  How did you set the player for your videos.  I would like to host my own videos.

dowdybrown:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBy the way.  How did you set the player for your videos.  I would like to host my own videos.

--- End quote ---

Here's the process I used (probably more than you wanted know)

1) Kodak Zi8 camera with audio fed directly from show computer (very long audio cable)
2) Used Any Video Converter free version (AVC) to convert MOV files to WMV
3) Create final videos using Windows MovieMaker
4) Publish final videos to WMV (640x480)
5) Use AVC to convert final WMV to FLV (640x480)
6) Move FLV files to local version of web site on my computer (under wwwroot)
7) In php file (could use the same process for html file), insert Flowplayer code (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

7a) At top of the file (in head section):
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<script type="text/javascript" src="flowplayer-3.2.4.min.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
.flowplayer {
  display:block;
  width:640px;
  height:480px;
}
</style>

--- End code ---

7b) For each video (in html body) - this example assumes videos are in a subdirectory called "2010":
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<p><strong>The Christmas Story - Bluefish TV</strong><a href="2010/ChristmasStory.flv" class="flowplayer"></a></p>

--- End code ---

7c) At the bottom of the file just before </body>:
Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<script type='text/javascript'>
  $f("a.flowplayer", "flowplayer-3.2.5.swf", { clip: { autoPlay: false, autoBuffering: true } });
</script>

--- End code ---

8. Make sure everything works ok on your computer

9. Upload files to hosted web site using Filezilla (or any ftp client of your choosing)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version