Author Topic: At Last after 2 years of Planning  (Read 707 times)

Offline fslopez1950

At Last after 2 years of Planning
« on: December 17, 2012, »
It was Dec 2010 that I started thinking of this Blinky Flashy thing. By Jan 2011, joined Lynx Dongle pcb and cases coop. Got them through the help of my sister there in the States. I am from the Philippines, so to save some money I have the stuff delivered stateside. By October 2011, joined LE v5 coop and ordered 3 and got them also with the help of sister. Last thing I did is to ordered parts for DMX dongle and Pickit 3 from Mouser. So everything now is with her. They had some problem so the stuff was not shipped before Dec 2011.

Told her just keep it and when my other sister goes home for vacation just send it through her. By October 2012, sister came with only Dongle pcbs and cases. The other stuff was taken to the attic for very safe keeping by brother-in-law. To make the story short, got them on 23 Nov 2012. It took me 2 days to assemble the dongle and LEs. Because of Pic for Dongle is not programmed, I have to use the Wiki Red neck way. Sorry RJ I have to use my other Dongle pcb as kind of breadboard.

Now show is running with 48 channels using incans light string. By the way, got a dead triac so it is only 47 channels.

So to all who run the coops, Thanks a lot.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.

sjb

Re: At Last after 2 years of Planning
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, »
Glad to hear you are up and running. WOW lots of time to sequence.

Steve

Offline fslopez1950

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, »
Thanks a lot.

Yes, you can say that but the biggest problem for me is my sequences before was done for a different set-up of lights. So when I tried it, was awful. Because there not much time to start from the beginning, I just use the Vixen Analog Frequency Spectrum. Maybe next year it will be better. Wife said it looks good so I'm not worried anymore. The AFS is really helpful in sequencing.

Forgot to mention in my 1st post that I'm using the LEs in 230Volts mode. No snubber resistors since I'm using incans. I could say that the transitions or fade-out look stunning.

Thanks to RJ, JJ and all the people responsible in making this happen.

Have a Happy Holidays to all.

Offline Charleene Glenn

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, »
Thx.for sharing! Merry Christmas To you and Yours! :,)

West Tawakoni, TX

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, »
Video?