Author Topic: Audio file analysis  (Read 708 times)

Offline rimist

Audio file analysis
« on: January 02, 2012, »
I've done lots of programming, but little to do with audio files. When reading the files, do you get frequency & volume information, or would you have to interpolate that data?

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Audio file analysis
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, »
i think i need a little more info...  are you trying to sequence to it?  edit it? use a feature in one of the software packages?

don't worry, i'm not following you around  : )
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rimist

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, »
I want to automatically create a sequence from an audio file.

Not worried. Yet. Lol

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline meman

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, »
It's really easy to automatically create a sequence from an audio file. But, I think you are hoping for something that can create an amazing sequence the way that YOU would have done it, and that is highly subjective. It's long been the dream of every person on every Christmas lighting forum that exists.

That said, you might be better served by using Google to get some basic concepts down about the variety of topics that have sparked your current interests. The folks (me included) on these boards would have already built such software long ago if they knew how, so I'm not sure how helpful we can be. 

If you are using Vixen, give the frequency analyzer a try. You will see the challenges of creating lighting queues from different frequencies and their amplitudes. I put some basic instruction in this post.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, »
i only know about vixen, there's a add in that you choose what frequency to pick for each channel, and it comes out like a visual output of graphic equalizer

for other software, im not sure
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rimist

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, »
Actually, vixen frequency analyzer sounds like a good tool. I don't expect to make a wonderful sequence with this software, just a decent one. With enough time, and some help, I'm sure creating really good sequences could be done, however, with the hardware changing so rapidly, it would be out of date by the time design was done.

-Rimist
- Rimist