Author Topic: Out door music  (Read 1350 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Out door music
« on: November 18, 2012, »
So I got my outside speakers all set up and ran a test show. What I found is the volume from song to song varies! I don't want to the music up so loud that it bothers the neighbors but on some songs the music is hard to hear with all the other noises in the area (cars, wind, rain ext.). What are my options if any?

Offline keitha43

Re: Out door music
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, »
Audacity

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline rm357

Out door music
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, »
You will need to use a program to edit the sound files to make the volume more consistent from song to song.

I'm not familiar with audacity, but most sound editing programs have an option to change the volume.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, »
i think even iTunes has normalization. and makes it easy to do.   

make sure you make copies of your music, and edit only the copies, in case you mess up.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline hicksjo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, »
Yes audacity has this feature ... Just did this for Halloween

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, »
FabulousMP3_E it's a pay program but works great. Have been using it for about 3 years now.

It not only does normalization but actually enhances the song as well.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, »
From the sounds of it, your volume is varying not just a little but, but a lot? Do you have an FM transmitter? I'm even toying with the idea of not even running my speakers this year as 99% of people some to see the show in their car, of which 99.9% have an FM radio. No need to worry about annoying the neighbors, unless people crank up the stereo in their car!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, »
I have a FM transmitter for the car viewers but I believe I will also have a lot of walk by traffic.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, »
I have speakers, but they are more for me to listen to when I am putting up the show or troubleshooting or just trying to figure out what should be changed.  Like Gary I never have folks standing outside in front of the house or wandering thru my display so I do not worry about the nuances of sound from the outdoor speakers.  Now if your display is designed to get people out of the car then that is a whole different can of fish.  Good luck.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA