Author Topic: Strobes  (Read 623 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Strobes
« on: January 05, 2013, »
What are people using?  Looking for some ideas, only would like just a handful to put under the eve of my house.

Videos if you have them would be awesome also.

Thanks

--Todd
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Strobes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, »
I'm waiting on some parts to come in to work on my smart string project for this year, which includes smart strobes..
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm waiting on some parts to come in to work on my smart string project for this year, which includes smart strobes..

Are you going to put lengths in between the nodes to create long strands of strobes?  Are you looking at higher capacity LEDs to create a bright burst?  What's your ideas as this is one of my "add-ons" that I have planned for my 2013 show as well.

Duane

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, »
well, i can't say "this is what i'm going to do" as then a lot of people will run out and get the same things, then find out it doesn't work for us...

but...

what i'm trying to do is work on getting smart string guts (like i did with last years smart arches) to power a 3W rgbled.

that way i can get a 3watt burst of white, but also be able to use it in rgb color pops of 1watt per color.

i can't directly hook up the led to the TM1804 since the current is way over what the IC can handle, but i have one way it will work, and working on another way it might work a little better (less parts)

i can't do a whole string of 128 like the smart string nodes, but i should be able to get a few on the string. maybe about 3 (considering the amount of current going through these...)

Dependiong on how i power them, i might be able to get away with a few more, but then that would change how they're controlled. (but still might be doable)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!