Author Topic: LOR Auto Beat Detection  (Read 1550 times)

Offline UncleBuck

LOR Auto Beat Detection
« on: March 06, 2013, »
Has anybody had this pop up after creating a new sequence in LOR. Once I set up the sequence the Beat Wizard pop up with this error "Can't init Conversion".

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
Re: LOR Auto Beat Detection
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, »
Yep!  Your music is probably at the wrong bitrate and S3 can't convert it over to use the beat wizard.  You'll most likely get the same error if you try to display the waveform at the top of the grid.

You can use "Audacity" You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (free) to export your music to 128 kbs constant bit rate.  You can find the details here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, »
Got it working!!

Thanks Jamie

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, »
I got the beat the wizard working but I have another problem with Audacity. This last year I had problems with volume of the different songs in my show. I wanted to fix this using Audacity but when hit play the song plays but there is no sound. When I go into effects to use "Amplify" I'm unable to use any of the effects in the drop down. What have I done wrong?  <fp.

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, »
Morning!

First, I'm glad you got the wave forms/Beat wiz working in S3.  The beat wiz works well in songs with a constant tempo, but unfortunately most of the songs I use DON'T have a constant tempo...  so I use the wave form a lot (and the tap wiz).

Next, I'm not an Audacity wiz by ANY s-t-r-e-c-h of the the imagination.  Without knowing more about your system and your setup I'd have a hard time hazarding a guess.  I did find something in Audacity's Wiki about sound dropping out when trying to record and using Win 7 listed here:

I'd suggest looking through their wiki and seeing if you can find anything pertaining to your setup and your issue.  Failing that, you can pose the question on their forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Doing a search in their forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  it appears that there are others who have had issues in the past.  I've been fortunate enough to have things work on my Win 7 and Vista machines, so I haven't had to do much digging yet.  Sorry. 

Hope you get your issue resolved soon, and drop me a PM when you find out what it is if you would be so kind so that I can add it to my "Audacity and S3" knowledge base.  ;D

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, »
I used to have a sound utility (lost in a Windows upgrade :( ) that would adjust the volume/gain in your MP3s to match a reference song you provided. It was very quick and easy. That was at least 2 years ago. It is probably even better now.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, »
You can try MP3Gain, it can set the audio level of all files in a directory at one time or just do individual files.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, »
Dennis, that's the program. Time to reinstall.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, »
In audacity under preferences-import/export there is a place to select normalize that will set the volume of all songs to the same level.