Author Topic: How do incandescent mini's work?  (Read 995 times)

Offline UncleBuck

How do incandescent mini's work?
« on: September 12, 2012, »
I have two sets of incandescent Minni's that worked fine when I checked them before installing them on my window frame. After the installation the first half of the light string closest to the male plug are dead.  <md..

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: How do incandescent mini's work?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, »
they're run in series, so they're usually in a group or 35, or 50 lights, you can tell be where the section stops being lit will have 2 wires between the working and non working light.  so with the bulbs that aren't working, there's an open short, like a bulb might not be seated properly, down to possible a break in a wire.

I'd...
check bulbs, try pushing them all in
wiggle the wiring.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
they're run in series, so they're usually in a group or 35, or 50 lights, you can tell be where the section stops being lit will have 2 wires between the working and non working light.  so with the bulbs that aren't working, there's an open short, like a bulb might not be seated properly, down to possible a break in a wire.

I'd...
check bulbs, try pushing them all in
wiggle the wiring.

Then when you are ready to give up try this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and how to use it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Both saved my rear a few times. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, »
I have a light keeper pro and it saves me tons of aggravation.  Its a great tool for those of us who use incans too..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, »
You might want to chack for loose bulbs and make sure that none are missing.  A light keeper pro works well when the the problem is a loose bulb or a bad shunt but is useless for a missing bulb or broken wire.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, »
I got them working!! Turns out a bulb socket was crushed on both sets of lights. Thanks