Author Topic: lights  (Read 1748 times)

Offline joshuashu

lights
« on: September 08, 2009, »
ok

i think i read somewhere on here that i need to send my LED's to RJ so they will work correctly?  i tested a few tonight without the configuration and the work but they do not dim very well and they don't do any other effects.  do i only get dimming with the LE's and do i just send RJ a pm and let him know i am sending him a bunch of lights?

thanks,

bTW, i am using LSP if that helps?

Joshua

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: lights
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, »
Hi Joshua,

Did you check the LE Config program to see if the proper dimming curve is already there?

If your lights are different then you might as well PM Rj about the lights

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, »
Yeah i looked, their arent very many. i tried a few too.. i cant get the darn thing to program at all. it says transmitting but i never see it reset itself?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, »
Well I just checked

I see 11 different LED light string curves, I didn't count the standard light sets but it look that many if not more

If you have ver b of the pic then there is a known problem with the Config program to talk to the LE.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, »
...i cant get the darn thing to program at all. it says transmitting but i never see it reset itself?

Joshua,

The Config Utility keeps transmitting until you stop it... allowing you to move around your display outside until you're finished.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, »
ok,

so i am a little confused as to what i can or can not do with the lynx express. can i only do ramp ups and ramp downs and fades?  i am not sure why i cant get it to work right?  when assigning channels, how does that work? i am planning on having 5 LE and 1 MR 16. when i program the start address is that 1-16 on each or do i go 17-32 and so on for the next boards? also i am trying to get my MR 16 to work and i noticed i need a regulated power supply? how do i tell. when i fire up the board and use LSP to test i get nothing?

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, »
ok i got all my lights to work but only one channel 1?  i also can do shimmer but not twinkle? any thoughts as to why channel 1 is the only one working?

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, »
i figured out my own problem, sorry i am new to this, i had it programmed to start at channel 3 thinking that  3 was the board number not the start channel number.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, »
Glad you got it working. Yes the number is the beginning DMX channel for the controller not which board it is. DMX does not care about controllers only channels. So your second Express would be start channel 17. As in what is the channel number you want the 1st channel on this controller to be. Or put another way if we worked like lor with controller numbers in DMX how would it know if it was a 16 ch express or a 128 ch freestyle or a 6 channel robo light ....  so you can see the reason we only worry about start channel for the contollers.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying