Software > Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

Nutcracker Local Install

<< < (3/22) > >>

tng5737:
I installed this on Ubuntu - works fine!
I did have to install the php pkg using 'sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5'
I created a dir in the /var/www folder called NC and placed the un-tar'd contents in that dir
ran the install.php
everything appears to function!

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI installed this on Ubuntu - works fine!
I did have to install the php pkg using 'sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5'
I created a dir in the /var/www folder called NC and placed the un-tar'd contents in that dir
ran the install.php
everything appears to function!

--- End quote ---

and if you are installing on linux you need to download a linux gnuplot.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

thanks

bajadahl:
FYI - After installing gnuplot and adding it to the path I had to restart wamp for the path to be recognized.  Everything appeared to be working except I was getting a gnuplot path error on the output screen for nutcracker.

I installed gnuplot last so that may be why it wasn't recognized until after restarting the wamp services.

Now everything appears to be working but I am getting a lot of undefined offset warnings, and fclose warnings. 

It does appear to work and I am gettings good gif animations, although, I was only doing the install to prove your procedure and test a little.  I think the procedure works well on a clean install. i.e.: I didn't have Skype or any other software for that matter in the way of a clean setup.

Sean, One of the "few" ways I can help is to run installs from scratch any time you want to test a new install procedure as the team tries to automate more of the install.  I can build test virtual machines in a few minutes if ever you find that to be helpful.

dpitts:
You can turn off error reporting by doing the following.

Click on the Wamp icon in the Windows tray ->PHP->PHP Settings->display errors. To uncheck it.

kgustafson:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFYI - After installing gnuplot and adding it to the path I had to restart wamp for the path to be recognized.  Everything appeared to be working except I was getting a gnuplot path error on the output screen for nutcracker.

I installed gnuplot last so that may be why it wasn't recognized until after restarting the wamp services.

Now everything appears to be working but I am getting a lot of undefined offset warnings, and fclose warnings. 

It does appear to work and I am gettings good gif animations, although, I was only doing the install to prove your procedure and test a little.  I think the procedure works well on a clean install. i.e.: I didn't have Skype or any other software for that matter in the way of a clean setup.

Sean, One of the "few" ways I can help is to run installs from scratch any time you want to test a new install procedure as the team tries to automate more of the install.  I can build test virtual machines in a few minutes if ever you find that to be helpful.

--- End quote ---

bajadahl,

I think you just became an official tester  ;D

Good to hear that you can test it out.  I am working exclusively in local, and also see a lot of the errors (and have slowly been knocking some of those out--but truthfully, I am focused most of the time on project and getting it to work fully).  I believe Sean spends most of his coding time working on the main server.   he does work on local instances as well, but most of his focus is on meighan.net. 

Kurt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version