Author Topic: Power Supply on sale at NewEgg 750W Single rail  (Read 1660 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Newegg has the Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Bronze W0382RU ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply for $90 - $5 off with coupon code EMCNFHD26 [Exp 5/2] - $30 rebate [Exp 5/2] = $55 with free shipping. Features a single +12V rail @ 56 Amps and a 140mm ultra-quiet fan. [Compare]
Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Power Supply $55 at Newegg

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline meman

Re: Power Supply on sale at NewEgg 750W Single rail
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, »
Beware - From my personal experiences with Newegg and Tiger Direct, you will never see the $30 mail-in rebate. It's not like the old days of manufacturer rebates. Theses guys all farm the rebates out to "pros" whose job it is to drag out the process with additional requests to resend the receipts, etc until you give up. If you do stick with it and get a rebate because you're a "man of principals", it will have cost you double in time and frustration in the end.  Of course YMMV, but unless it's an instant rebate, I assume I'll be paying sticker price.

Mike E.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, »
I am a big NewEgg fan.  I have been buying from them for over 10 years plus.  I have got back every rebate I ever mailed off to them on items that had one.  Yes like most rebates it takes months sometimes.  Now Tiger???????????  They ripped off my brother years ago and I will never give them a chance to do it to me.  The 1-5 egg rating system on items is what I like about NewEgg.  I feel you can trust the reviews. 

Just my opinion

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, »
I have not had any problems with getting rebates from any items from NewEgg.  I have done over 15 with items I bought from them,  I did have a problem with Tiger.  Yes it does take time to get your rebate back but you know that going in.  I always double check to make copies of anything I send in.  So yes its not as good as a straight sale price and if I do find an item on sale for a only a few dollars more I'll go that route.  But manufactures do count on enticing people with rebates knowing that some will forget out it or not following the instructions.  What I hate is the trend toward these gift/credit cards.  This is another way they get people.  Give out a $25 card and most people with under spend and the unclaimed money goes back to the company.  I always but something more than the card, tell the retailer to charge the full amount then I will pay the difference in cash.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, by Rod R »

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, »
If you read the 'Customer Reviews of the Thermaltake W0382RU' there are a number of people that are complaining about not getting their rebate back. I have not had a bad experience with Newegg but I prefer to watch my local MicroCenter so that if a rebate is not returned or a problem occures I have someone to go visit in person if I have to. I'm just saying.

Otherwise it would be a great deal.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, »
If you read the 'Customer Reviews of the Thermaltake W0382RU' there are a number of people that are complaining about not getting their rebate back. I have not had a bad experience with Newegg but I prefer to watch my local MicroCenter so that if a rebate is not returned or a problem occures I have someone to go visit in person if I have to. I'm just saying.

Otherwise it would be a great deal.

i have received my power supply

2 things
1) There is nothing here that shows a $30 rebate. I will contact newegg.
2) The spec for the power supply has this in fine print "Operating Temperature: +10C to +40C". Since I am denver and we do get down to -15C, i hope it will still work. I am guessing that in a box, it will run warmer. To be fair, i dont think the operational temperature is ever shown on advertisements for power supplies.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, by smeighan »
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, »
Usually you need to go to the rebate center online and download and fill out the rebate forms. No forms will come with order.