Author Topic: Quick story about our great COOP Mangers  (Read 560 times)

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
Quick story about our great COOP Mangers
« on: January 23, 2012, »
Several weeks back, I was ordering some parts from Mouser for PCB's I ordered!  Happened to be splitters and SSR's with DMX option.  Guess what happened?  Found out that the transformer was not longer available:(  Well, I didn't want to sit on these boards so after a little google search I found 3 at Avnet (which i bought) and 320 at another vendor, with a minimum order qty of 40!

I figured others on the forum could also use transformers so i PM'd R.J. to see if a special Coop could be done for just the transformers.  R.J. let me know that if a coop manager was willing then we could do it!

During this time frame Rod R got involved as the coop manager and quickly put together a coop for a volatile supply of components for us!

This group was able to turn this coop around quickly and ended up purchasing 280 of the 320 available transformers.  I believe the other 40 went to a DIYLightanimation member!

Several things struck me as interesting and exciting about this whole process:
1.)  If you are thinking you need something or have an idea, odds are that others on this forum are thinking or experiencing the same thing, so speak up, write on the forums, and share!!!
2.)  I was amazed at how many PCB's were sitting around this group!  Even at 300 transformers that is 10 percent of our population!  This is changing my attitude on when I order components for PCB's that I have!
I can proudly state that all my PCB's not have the components to solder on them.  No if I can just remember where I put them:)
3.)  It was great to see how fast this group could work when it needed too!  Rod R really stepped up and helped many many people out who would have otherwise had great coasters for their coffee table!

Thank you Rod R.

Mike
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Re: Quick story about our great COOP Mangers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, »
That is a great post. It shows how great of a community DLA is.
Sebastian from California

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Re: Quick story about our great COOP Mangers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, »
Mike,

Thanks for the kind words, but you were the one that found the vendor,  So you could say that you got the ball rolling I just saw an opportunity to help out.  Just returning the favor to the community that has helped me out so many times in the past.  After all we all just want blinky flashy  <la..

Rod